4 Wheelers

gtaff

Banned
I screwed up big time yesterday. I stopped by a place that sold Polaris 4 wheelers and got to looking at them. What do you guys think on these machines. I am used to the Honda and Yamaha 4 wheelers. So pros and cons who makes the best. It really looks like Polaris has some good things going.

Deerhead

I am a Suzuki fan! Mine is a 1986 and runs great! I want a new one but just can't justify it. I think all of the name brands are real good and you can't go wrong any one of them! It just boils down to what you want out of the 4-wheeler. Work (plow, haul), play.... They are all great machines.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ive owned honda's, and yamaha's. I like my polaris the best. it seems to be unstopable, and always runs great! and rides like a cadilac. just my .02. (not trying to start a war!)

Buford_Dawg

Honda is my ONLY choice

I've owned 3 hondas, never had a problem with any of them and sold the 1st two for almost what I paid for them when I bought them. They hold their value for sure. Several of my club members have other brands and from what little I can tell from their experiences, Yamaha seems to be good. My dad and uncle both have Timberwolfs and like them. Polaris seems to be the cadillac when it comes to riding, but they tend to have some mainenance issues from time to time. I have a buddy with one and he had it in shop numerous time with starter and battery issues back during deer season. I think he must have a lemon though. I say if you like it, then go with your gut feeling and buy it.

mepps

i've owned 2 polaris atvs, both ran strong and had a superior suspension. both spent some time in the shop with electrical problems. i have a honda now, not as plush, but zero problems with reliability and very strong running.

Hambone

From my experiences and those of others I know, Polaris has a great product and one that will last with regular and disciplined maintenance. That primarily includes oil changes and routine greasing of the joints. So, if you're a maintenance freak, a Polaris would be a great choice.

If you're not disciplined in terms of maintenance, a Jap ATV might be a better choice.

Derek

I've got the 330 Sportsman and my dad's got the 700, no problems out of either since we've had them. I think the 500 would be perfect size if I got another one. That 700 is too powerful for me.

davidhelmly

My wife, daughter, and I ride ATV's a lot, we have 2 700's and a 600 and love them. The bigger machines like these do require some maintenance but I mind.

jthunt1

Let Polaris stick to snowmobiles and get you a real bike. I've owned a bunch of different bikes and the 660 grizzly takes them all. We have a large group that rides all summer and about half of us now own the grizzly. My 2002 has plenty of power locking diff. and one of the best things it's heavy enough in the front to hold it down on those steep hills. http://forum.gon.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=87632[/IMG]

Attachments

• P1200016.JPG
    P1200016.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 329

HuntinMan

I love my Polaris. I have the 500 and am glad I did not get the 700. The 500 does all I need. It is excellent in the woods, pulls great, runs great. Change the oil on time like most any thing. I have about 125 hours on mine now. The first one I owned was also a Polaris 330 2X4 loved it too with no problems. Sold it and got the 500 4X4 that I have now and will keep for a long time. I looked long and hard before I purchased my first one and went with Polaris at that time simply because it was about $750.00 less than the Honda. This was several years ago and it was a Honda dealer. Now they all cost tomuch just like trucks do, LOL, but I paid to play or hunt ever how you look at it............. ::huh:

spaceman

Polaris

I got my new 500 sportsman in Chattanooga at a real good discount.
http://www.southernpowersports.com/group_new.asp?groupID=2
Sportsman 500 for $5683 and no tax!!!!
You can pull start a 500 but not a 600 or 700 in case of emergency.
My 500 polaris is faster that my brother in laws 500 honda!! This is my second polaris and I've had honda and suzuki before.
I won't switch! Hit the start button and go!! The top head light is controlled by a switch. The Honda's headlight blinds you from the reflection if something is on the front rack.
Give them a call if the price is agreeable, I drove up from Florida and there were people from Pennsylvia, Indiana there when I got mine 2 Christmas's ago.

W4DSB

I LOVE MY 700 POLARIS!
i have ridden alot of others but this is the cadillic of atv's
I have been with 4 different people to PVT in chattanooga to pick up theirs after they rode mine.
i don't think you'll regret it. Mine is a 2003 model and no problems at all .

gtaff

Banned
How do they compare in price??

beretta

I love my kitty cat(Artic Cat). It goes everywhere I need it to go. Oh I don't have to worry about a belt either.It has shaft drive and wet clutches.

W4DSB

dads cost 5700.00 $ out the door back in may
in chattanooga tn. at PVT do a search on the net for pvt or southern motorsports they list their prices on the web and update it often. the price on their site is out the door price.
out of state people don't pay sales tax in tennessee .
as best as i can remember this saved us about 1300.00$
over the best price in Ga.
Local dealers do the warrenty work also if needed

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Go Check Out The New John Deere 4 Wheeler It Looks Like A Great Machine