anyone wanna kill some of my ducks???

bubbafowler

I have a beaver pond in Luthersville (Merriwether Co.) that has ducks, woodies and mallards that i know of, but i cant call ducks. Ive been after a buddy to go with me, but he wont so hes SOL. Any of yall wanna go before its over lemme know. any Monday tuesday or thursday mornin, and all day on Saturdays and Sundays Drop me a PM.

Phillip Thurmond

I've never been able to call Woody's however Mallards are a different story. I think some people try to call to much. I call just enough to let them know Hey were down here then I just shut up. I think to much calling will ruin the whole thing.

Phillip Thurmond

Hey I would love to come and hunt however can I get a rain check until next year? Maybe I could trade you a quality deer hunt for a duck hunt!

jay sullivent

Phillip was dead on the money. forget about calling them. find out where they are going and hunt right there. if the ducks are going there ,there is no need, you'll just be letting them know you're there. i wouldn,t even put many dekes out. woodies will usually land in the same little hole. go out there one morning and just watch. see where they come in, where they land, and if and where do they circle. if the spot they are landing in is off the property and the only chance you have is too pass shoot are try to draw them over to your property, then i would consider putting out a spread and trying to call them in.

bubbafowler

see i have no dekes, and its no fun shootin by yourself. Its not a very big hole, but hey from what ive heard, any hole with ducks is a good hole. i have seen quite a few fly over my deerstand.-bubba

Phillip Thurmond

Next question are they comming in or leaving? It could be a roost site and they are leaving from there going to somewhere else. If so you would hunt them different than if they are comming in after the sun comes up. Yes you are right any hole with ducks is like gold!

beretta

I'll bring the deke's & dog!!!! Give me a pm & we'll iron out the details.

beretta:D

bubbafowler

ducks

someone send me a message. I wanna go whoever ask first gets to go first, tuesday, thursday, or sunday of this week-matthew