PELLETS IN THE KILL ZONE

TOMINATOR

How many pellets are you guys averaging in the kill zone at 40,45,& 50 Yards? When I say kill zone, I'm not talking about a 10" circle.
I'm averaging around 12-18 pellets in the kill zone at 40 yards on an H.S. strut target. On the target it states that when you're averaging at least 5 in the kill zone, then you've reached your maximum distance.
before I get beat up about this question, I can honestly say that I don't like taking shots past 40 yards. but you do need to know what your gun can do.
If you're getting more than the pellets I've mentioned, then tell your gun setup.
type of gun, gauge,choke,shot,etc.
thanks for any input.
BTW I'm shooting a 835 ulti-mag w/ a .675 comp-n-choke
3-1/2" #6's

Randy

I don't shot past 40 because that is where my gun stops providing 13 in the kill zone every time. I use 13 "because I can." No other reason. By kill zone I mean the brain and spine. Nothing outside that.

jcarter

Banned
my mossberg 935 with a 26 inch barrel shooting a puregold .670 tube will put about 24 shot of # 6, 2oz, 3" magnum at 40 yards and about 20 #4's. in the "spine and brain". "i could, but i dont" pattern any closer or farther.