Finalized: Woody's Crappiethon

Al33

6MARCH 5th, 2005
Sugar Creek Marina on Lake Oconee

7:00AM start with a 3:00PM quit fishing time. Start fishing from anywhere your captain wants to. You do not have to be present for the start.HONOR SYSTEM

3:00 PM - Weigh-in and awards with photo sessions ;)

4:00PM - The grease should be hot and the fish frying along with Huntnnuts world famous hushpuppies. Ummmmmmmmm!

RULES:
$5 per fisherman - Note: May have to work out some formula for judging winners where there are more than two members to a team.

Each team,wether 2 or more members, may submit 20 fish for the weigh in. Of course you can catch your creel limit, but only 20 fish from each team's combined creel permitted for weigh in.

Total $ pot split 50/50 biggest crappie and most crappie by pound. How the winning team members divides it up is between them. :shoot: :shoot:

Try to be back at 3:00PM sharp for the weigh-in, if your not back by 3:15 PM your out! :whip:

Now folks, where else can you go and have this much fun for 5 bucks? :bounce: So lets here it, who is teaming up with who and just how bad are you gonna beat the rest of us? Yea, RIGHT. :rolleyes: Who will take the honors from our last years champs, JT2 and Jody? I ain't skeered of 'em, or you?

Other reminders:
PLEASE try to have your entry fee's ready in an envelope with your names on it. I will collect them at the weigh-in Here is a list of proposed teams and others who have indicated they would like to fish:

Team: Jody Hawk (boat)and huntnnut
Team: Quailchaser and his wife (boat and fishcooker)
Team: fredw and carpkiller (boat)
Team: Kimosabe and his father-in-law
Team: GobblingDawg and Goose
Team: Ga Beau and Tom
Team: Roundman and Spanky
Team: Al33 and Missing Ridge (boat)

Team: Jeff Young & BYoung
GeorgeR
Woody's janitor
trickymickey (looking for a partner)
Randy (boat)
Jim Thompson
Scrub Buck
Beretta (?) was going to fish with Mstrfsh but Mstrfsh is out.
Kdog & son
woodie13
Hal and his two sons are going to try and make it.

Did I miss anyone? Who is pairing up with who? Who listed will not make it? Anyone else wanna jump in?

Jody will be bringing eating utensils, plates, cups, and ice.

huntnnut the hushpuppies.

Quailchaser the cooker, oil, and some cole slaw, and De-liars.

Cole slaw?

Condiments and paper towels?

Other: ?

I will edit this as I get updated info.

Al

Last edited:

quailchaser

Al,
To deal with the issue of more than two people per boat, why don't we have a set number of fish allowed at weigh in. For example, each boat is allowed to weigh in 10 or 15 or 20 fish. They can catch more than that, but can only weigh in the number of fish the rules allow, and the choice of which fish they use for the weigh in is up to that team. We could set the number at whatever everyone agrees to. I think that would level the playing field no matter how many people are in a boat.

Al33

My concern is that someone may have an issue with three fisherman or more versus two per team would make for an unfair advantage. Obviously, three fisherman could likely catch more than two, all other things being equal.

Maybe we should do as quailchaser suggests and limit the number of fish per boat for the weigh-in. Also, instead of a $10 per boat fee, just make it 5 bucks per fisherman. ::huh: DONE

On a relative note, if by chance we do have some bank fishers, I would propose two could team up and put their fish together for the weigh-in.

I sure don't want for this to get too sticky with rules, but do want to be fair to all.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

Al

Last edited:

Al33

Teddy,

I made a boo boo Al. I hit the edit button instead of the quote button when replying to this post.
There may be a better way, and if there is, I hope someone will let us know.

If coming from I-20 East get off on the Madison exit hwy. 441. Turn left and go around 1 mile and turn right at the redlight (You'll see a Lowes at the intersection). You are now on the Madison by pass. Go around four miles and take a right on Hwy.278 (It's either the first or second red light). This will take you straight to the ramp.

Also, Jody, do you know if the ramp area will work for the cookout or will we need to do it at Sugar Creek?

Al,
There is a charcoal grill and two or three picnic tables there. I checked them out last weekend while I was down there. We should have plenty of room to have a cookout there at the boat ramp.

Last edited:

quailchaser

The contact info for cabins at Sugar Creek Marina:

353 Parks Mill Road
Buckhead, GA 30625

1-800-648-1665
706-342-2231

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
As Moderator of the Outdoor Cafe , I volunteer to sample the first plate of fried Crappie , Lord knows I wouldn't want you boys coming down with something :D

See you guys there !!! ::gone:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I just called "North Shore Resort" to see if they had anything available.

It turns out that they require a "membership". As I was hanging up the lady started begging me to listen to her. Seems they are willing to give us a free weekend if we agree to listen to a 90 minute sales pitch.

I told her it was the GON/Woody's Tourny and gave her my name.

If any of you are interested, call Elezabeth at 706.453.4505

http://www.whresorts.com/aor/resort_directory/aor_resorts/georgia/docs/northshoreresort.html

Al33

Al33 said:
I made a boo boo Al. I hit the edit button instead of the quote button when replying to this post.
There may be a better way, and if there is, I hope someone will let us know.

If coming from I-20 East get off on the Madison exit hwy. 441. Turn left and go around 1 mile and turn right at the redlight (You'll see a Lowes at the intersection). You are now on the Madison by pass. Go around four miles and take a right on Hwy.278 (It's either the first or second red light). This will take you straight to the ramp.

Also, Jody, do you know if the ramp area will work for the cookout or will we need to do it at Sugar Creek?

Al,
There is a charcoal grill and two or three picnic tables there. I checked them out last weekend while I was down there. We should have plenty of room to have a cookout there at the boat ramp.

Teddy, note that a Moderator really screwed up my post with directions, but his will prolly be better anyway. :rolleyes: :whip: :bounce:

Quote:"(It's either the first or second red light)." Warning: The lights may be green when you get to them, just pretend they are red, but don't stop. :D

Handgunner

My counsins have lived on Oconee/Sinclair all their life. Would it be considered "cheating" if I teamed with one of them?? :D

Jody Hawk

Al33 said:
"(It's either the first or second red light)." Warning: The lights may be green when you get to them, just pretend they are red, but don't stop. :D

Al,
Man you're on the ball today !!! ROTFLMBO !!!!!!!! :bounce:

Al33

Delton said:
My counsins have lived on Oconee/Sinclair all their life. Would it be considered "cheating" if I teamed with one of them?? :D

I dunno Delton, what do they use for bait, dynomite?

Bring it on hotdog, we ain't skeered. :bounce:

Al

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Cool.... :D

I got the last cabin reserved for Friday night.... :clap:

Al, I'll plan on bringing some fixin's for hushpuppies like last time along with a filet knife as well. I just don't know whether or not I'll have time to filet fish and cook hushpuppies at the same time, though I'm sure we'll figure something out...::huh: :bounce:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!.... :clap:

Handgunner

*L* Al, I'll talk with them and see if they're up for it...

Al33

huntnnut said:
Cool.... :D

I got the last cabin reserved for Friday night.... :clap:

Well that's just GREAT! :mad: :shoot: :rolleyes: :( ;) :bounce:

I guess I'll be bringin' my tarp. :eek: Hey Missing Ridge, You got a mattress? :D

Milton, I thought about the matter of you working on the hushpuppies and cleaning fish too, and was prepared to give you a break. Just write down the directions and I'll fix the hushpuppies. Just make sure I have all I need to make 'em. :bounce:

Al

gottahunt

You also may want to check in Greensboro for a place to stay. There's a Microtel Inn right off of I-20. Their number is 706-453-7300. And if I'm thinking of the right boat ramp, it's not very far away at all.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
AL,

I think those cabins have a crawl space so you shouldn't need a tarp... :bounce:

Btw, you reckon we can trust you with the hushpuppies?... :D :whip: :D