Any rail fans out there?

discounthunter

i love em!. theres a set of csx tracks less than 100 yrds from my house.while most is run of the mill trains i do get to see the occasional; military train (tanks and such),circus trains, antique csx train, and i got to see them lay new ties and tracks!.like i said i love em!

badkarma

When you live near Chattanooga you gotta love trains. Father was an engineer (L&N, CSX) and son is a train fanatic. Of course you've got the Choo Choo (2 blocks from where I work). Was just looking at doing a ride in the spring. Try this www.tvrail.com. I think there is a train museum in Kennasaw near Atlanta, also. Historic train depot in my hometown (Ringgold) just down the street from where the Rebels caught the Yankees who stole the General in the Great Locomotive Chase.

badkarma

They just added a new run called the Hiwassee River Gorge or something like that. I tried to get tickets for Val. day for their sweetheart run. Travels from Chatt. to around Chickamauga, ga. Serve 4 course meal on 4 hour ride. Very nice. We take our kids 2-3 times a year, especially when Thomas the Tank engine comes. They also have the Dixieland tours which are 100 miles round trip. Travel from Chatt. to summerville, ga and back. I think they stop and have a picnic lunch while a band plays bluegrass music on a stage. The 4th of july the Chatt. Symphony Orchestra goes to Chickamauga nat'l Military Park just south of here and plays the music (can't remember the name of the music) but it is choreographed with the fireworks. A train drops you off right at the old watchtower where they play and takes you home after. Lots of cool stuff in this area. Let me know if you have any questions.

discounthunter

take a look at the mid-continent railway museum. we could see this from where we lived in north freedom,wi. got a chance to take a ride on it one summer also.i also grew up in baraboo,wi ,home of the barnum and bailey circus.they store their rail cars there ,quite an awesome display.

badkarma

you got a link to that site or something?

Nope. Like I said, my son is a fanatic. I figure it's a pretty healthy habit so I endulge him quite a bit. Besides, I love them myself. Everything is train related up here..."Choo Choo city traffic reports on the news" "welcome to the home of the Choo Choo" etc. Sorry if it was too much info, I just like relaying some of our family's favorite times together.