who uses a Mossberg 535 for turkey

I now this could be in the Gun forum, I just new I would get more turkey guys to view it if I posted here. :cool:

I just got a mossberg 535 22" barrel with their turkey choke. In an effort to save money on chokes, shells, and shoulder discomfort, I was wondering who else had one and what choke and shell combo they use. D**ks has a sale right now on the 535 turkey field combo, with tru-glo red dot scope for 299. I went to pick one up and I saw they also had a 535 with thumbhole stock with the cheek piece and a tru-glo, but it was not on sale, I asked the manager if I could get this one for the sale price and to my surprise they said yes . So thanks again to them! As for the red dot scope do any of you use it? The stock sights are tru-glo as well and I like them but I have not fired it yet. Any assitance would be appreciated.

By the way I was aware of the "pump rattle" before I purchased it, it only does this when you shake the gun up and down and personally I dont do that in the field. I am also aware that the 870 is only slightly more $ and an excellent gun, so there is no need for telling me that either. Thanks Jim

shootpse

Banned
hello, i cant comment on the 535 pump because i shoot a 9200 autoloader!!! i prefer the faster second shot if needed!!!! iheard that the 535 is a secondbest to the 835 the only big difference is that the 835 is overbored and weighs 1.25 pounds more!!! thats alot when your chasing them mountain birds!!! my dad shoots a 835 and he shoots a comp-n-choke tube with #4's federal magshot it patterns awesome out to about 50 yards!!!

Jim, sorry did not get back to you...I use the 28 inch barrel and the 22 inch sits in the vault. I use Remington 3.5 inch #5's and the turkey choke that came i the 22 inch barrel. That combo works better for me...

ShootPSE,...your wrong, the 835 is second best only to the 535 because it is so much heavier when hiking the mountains and sitting in odd arrangemnets while duck hunting...I had a 835 for years and sold it a few days after i got the 535...same went for 4 or 5 of my friends. Another kept his 835 for the days he was only going behind the house.