Wingbone Call

Bram

Here is a wingbone call I finished today..second one I have done

Attachments

• wingbone call (320 x 256).jpg
    wingbone call (320 x 256).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 207

Handgunner

Looks good, I have one drying right now that I wrapped today.

What did you wrap yours with? At the joints?

Bram

Wingbone

Looks good, I have one drying right now that I wrapped today.

What did you wrap yours with? At the joints?

Just used brown thread..all I had..nothing fancy..used clear fingernail polish over it..trading this one for a hunt in or around Jesup:clap: post a pic of yours::ke:

dutchman

Looks good. Talk to me about the artwork on the bottom piece.

badkarma

I would like to know more about the wrappings, too. Did you use something to build up the taper under the wrappings? There is too good of a transition from the smaller to each larger piece. It looks great and thanks for any tips

Handgunner

Here is a picture of mine.. Nothing fancy, but it sounds good!

Attachments

• wingbone.jpg
    wingbone.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 179

Handgunner

It looks really nice, Delton!

Is that a pertified cow patty it's sitting on?::ke:
Thanks.

I don't know, I've never smalled it. But.... lookin' at it................

:huh:

:bounce:

If so, the price on my call just went down dramatically I'm sure. :( :banginghe

:bounce:

Bram

Wingbone call

I would like to know more about the wrappings, too. Did you use something to build up the taper under the wrappings? There is too good of a transition from the smaller to each larger piece. It looks great and thanks for any tips

Need to check with Delton about his fancy wrapping..mine is just ordinary sewing thread with clear fingernail polish..about 5 or 6 coats. I used epoxy to build up and then shaped on the sander. Need to find out where Delton gets his thread to wrap with..that looks good:clap: Thanks badkarma for the props:bounce:

Handgunner

Need to check with Delton about his fancy wrapping..mine is just ordinary sewing thread with clear fingernail polish..about 5 or 6 coats. I used epoxy to build up and then shaped on the sander. Need to find out where Delton gets his thread to wrap with..that looks good:clap: Thanks badkarma for the props:bounce:
Same thing you used, just different colors, and I sealed mine with superglue. I didn't even think about fingernail polish, but considered 2 part epoxy and may try it on the next one.

Burl E.

Same thing you used, just different colors, and I sealed mine with superglue. I didn't even think about fingernail polish, but considered 2 part epoxy and may try it on the next one.

You just got to love that CA/ Super Glue!!! I use it on everything. :cool: