Was this Steve Mann?

Jody Hawk

I was watching a show on one of the Outdoor stations. This fellow was showing some of his calls and he kept referring to Neil Cost teaching him. He was black headed with a black goatee. I caught it half way through the segment and didn't catch the name. :huh:

gblrklr

I didn't see the show, but it sounds like Steve. He isn't real shy about letting everyone know about the connection.

Nitro

Banned
I didn't see the show, but it sounds like Steve. He isn't real shy about letting everyone know about the connection.

Would you be? Neil was the best Mentor there was for learning how to make a box call. Lamar ain't shy about his connection to Neil either.:rofl:

It is a pretty exclusive club since Lamar and Steve were the only two Neil really sat down and taught.

Jody, That was my friend Steve Mann. He is a fine fellow.

gblrklr

Would you be? Neil was the best Mentor there was for learning how to make a box call. Lamar ain't shy about his connection to Neil either.:rofl:

It is a pretty exclusive club since Lamar and Steve were the only two Neil really sat down and taught.

Jody, That was my friend Steve Mann. He is a fine fellow.

Steve is a good guy.

gobblingghost

Guys, There is another that was taught by Neil. Bob Harwell. I believe was taught by the master.

Nitro

Banned
Merely to mention that your comment about Steve not being shy about his connection to Neil as unheard of. Lamar has not been afraid to tell that Neil taught him.

As to Mr. Harwell, he may have spent a lot of time with Neil, but Neil himself told me that Steve and Lamar were his only two proteges.

Not to take anything from Mr. Harwell (he is a fine callmaker) only to recall what I heard from Neil himself.

BOB_HARWELL

Gobblingghost, For the sake of callmaking history, I was not taught by Neil Cost as Lamar & Steve were. I did learn a lot about call making from Neil & Lamar through conversations & visiting them. I visited Neil more than Lamar, Neil lived only 75 miles away. This is an innocent error that some people have made in the past, I try my best to correct this. There is really no harm done, but I think there are enough people trying to ride Neil's name. I will not be one of them.
Neil & I became very close friends in the 9 1/2 that I knew him, I miss that old rascle.

BOB

BOB_HARWELL

I'm not confused, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

BOB

Nitro

Banned
Gobblingghost, For the sake of callmaking history, I was not taught by Neil Cost as Lamar & Steve were. I did learn a lot about call making from Neil & Lamar through conversations & visiting them. I visited Neil more than Lamar, Neil lived only 75 miles away. This is an innocent error that some people have made in the past, I try my best to correct this. There is really no harm done, but I think there are enough people trying to ride Neil's name. I will not be one of them.
Neil & I became very close friends in the 9 1/2 that I knew him, I miss that old rascle.

BOB

Mr. Bob,

You certainly don't need to be a coattail rider, you are a fine callmaker in your own right. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your honesty.

Sent you a PM.

Nitro

Banned
The original question was about Steve Mann. Last time I looked, no one would look at Lamar and have hair color be a way to identify him.:rofl:

Jody has probably not met Lamar..............:rofl:

All are wonderful callmakers in their own right.

I hope my mentor Stev will someday show me the finer points of his passions in life so I can be considered a master at something:banana: :banana:

Jody Hawk

:rofl:

What show was it Jody?

Rick,
I can't remember the name but it was on channel 218 on Dish Network yesterday around 3 pm. It had to be him, I know what Lamar Williams looks like and it wasn't him. Plus they were hunting in South Carolina.