"Hooks" Mouth Calls...........

DaddyPaul

Anybody tried these calls? I just ordered a few to try out.:huh:

My Legacy calls just don't sound the same this year as the past two years? I don't know what it is but something has changed slightly. My Hacksaw won't turn over without really laying on it and the Prized Possession is a lot deeper sounding than the other two I have in the fridge?:banginghe

Covehnter

I've used Hooks along with Woodhaven the past 3 years. . . . dont know what you ordered but the Sassy Gals and the new Devastor have been my favorites. Also like the Mod V3 last year.

DaddyPaul

I ordered one of just about every call they make. I know for sure: Executioner, Devastator, Sassy Gal 2 and 3 and maybe a Seducer or something like that? I will probably hate them like the other 253 calls I have in the fridge!:( In reality they are about the only line I haven't tried in the past few years so I figured what the heck?:huh:

MKW

me

I love Hooks mouth calls. I've been using them for 3 years now and, to me, they are the best diaphrams on the market. The tape comes kinda small for some folks, but they fit my mouth very well with no trimming. Also, they seem to need about half the air pressure that other calls require. My favorite is the Excecutioner.
Mike

Huntinfool

DP, did you try out the Real Dill this year? I'm really liking this call. Have I run better calls? Yep. But that one is a winner for sure.

DaddyPaul

I cancelled my Hooks order today at lunch so I reckon I won't know if I like 'em or not? Cold feet I guess?

I have a few Legacy calls from last year that I can hunt with this year if my new ones don't "come around".

I used to make my own before trying the Legacy line and falling in love with them. I am gonna try to make up a few here at the house to hunt with as well.

Andrew,
Yeah I tried the Real Dill and can't run it worth a flip! Probably my fault on all fronts but there is a definite difference in the Prized Possession and Hacksaw from last year.

Huntinfool

I must be doing something wrong if I CAN run it worth a flip then!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Everybody's suited different I guess. You'll find something that works. It seems like I change every year. I seem to find a new "favorite call" every spring.

Good luck bud.

DaddyPaul

Andrew,
I always had a different favorite every year too until three years ago. I am pretty sure that is when I found the Legacy calls. Ever since then I have used them exclusively in the woods.

I am hoping that maybe these will "cure" in the fridge as calls sometimes do? No biggie as I still have a couple from last year I can use if needed.

DaddyPaul

Andrew,
I almost forgot to ask but could I interest you in a "slightly" used Real Dill? The price is right!:D

Gaswamp

just bought the sassy girl 3. They do run smallplastic in them. Got some good turkey in it though.