any of yall use limbsavers on your trad. bow?

cpowel10

I put some string leaches on a recurve i have and it made a HUGE difference in vibration. Its an older Ben Pearson. 62" 45# at 28". I dont know much about trad. archery, i just picked the bow up and put the leaches on there to see how it would help. Anybody used the stick on limbsavers on the limbs?

Al33

I have them on my Black Widow. Must be some awesome glue because they have never come off. I put them on trying to quiet it down but can't say they made a lot of difference.

reviveourhomes

I put some on the first custom trad bow I ever got but it didnt do anything. I left them on there just for the added insurance that it ever got dry fired but a broken nock or something (which has happened to me twice) it would absorb some of the shock.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use them on my custom recurve and placed them so the string at proper brace just touches them...kinda like brush buttons that aren't on the string

reviveourhomes

Slingblade, you can lose alot of speed and performance habing them that far up on the limbs near the tips. If you put them right at the fades you should notice a pretty good difference.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hadn't thought of that, but I can see where it would slow it down a bit. Thanks for the slap upside my head...I need one every now and then.:banginghe :eek:

reviveourhomes

Only reason I know that is because I had mine placed in the same location and someone saw it and told me to move them down to the end of the riser fades! LOL

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, it DID seem like a good idea at the time.

markland

I put them on all my bows and along wiht 2 sets of catwiskers, the bows are very quiet. Not sure how much can be attributed to the limb savers, but I do feel they offer a little insurance in case of a dryfire or broken nock as stated before. I did some testing on my bows and adding the limbsaver at the recommended spacing on the limb tip did not affect the arrow speed noticeably thru teh chronograph, can't say I saw any difference, but seems like the tip placement would generate the most effect on them. Mark