R.A.Matt Custom Drop point Stainless

TENPOINT

Gone but Not Forgotten
This knife has 3-3/4" Blade made from ATS-34 stainless. I tempered the blade to RC 58 - 60. Overall length 8-1/2". This blade is 3/16" thick. The blade is flat ground with a deep mirror polish, and I tapered the tang.

Handle is a spectacular combination of Stabilized Boxelder Burl/ Water Buffalo with a brass hilt. Why do I use Stabilized wood? A nagging problem with some handle materials, especially ivory, horn and wood, is a tendency to shrink and warp because of different humidities in various parts of the country. The solution is to stabilize the applicable handle materials so they can't dry out. Two-part process requires applying acrylic resins to a handle material followed by a curing period. The result is a water-resistant, harder-than-untreated wood that can be polished to a high gloss.

The handle is attached with mosiac pins and brass lanyard hole. The detailed filework is accented by red colored liners.

Knife comes with a hand made 10 oz. custom fitted snap over sheath .

You can contact me at; TEN10POINT@AOL.COM

Attachments

• 9f73_1.jpg
    9f73_1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 710
  • a5d4_1.jpg
    a5d4_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 704
  • b8a7_1.jpg
    b8a7_1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 699
  • bc09_1.jpg
    bc09_1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 701

Al33

Without a doubt, you make some of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen. I may not be able to afford them, but I can surely appreciate them. Great work sir!!!:clap:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You are for sure in a class above!! :cheers:

TENPOINT

Gone but Not Forgotten
Thank s all of you. Al this one is not that expensive. This knife is $200.00. I think life is too short to hunt with a ugly knife. LOL.

triplec

knife

Just received my knife and it is perfect! Fantastic craftsmanship and thanks for getting it out so quick. Im looking forward to putting it to use soon!

TENPOINT

Gone but Not Forgotten
I am very pleased to hear you are happy with it. Thank you for your purchase. Please post a picture of you cleaning your deer with it .
Best regards,
R.A.Matt