Walkinshaw Tract

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
The road above the number 262 looks like the road that goes into their camp. You would turn left right before you cross the RR tracks to get to the camp. The property starts essentially at the RR tracks and goes all the way to the river. Sorry, I can't tell you exactly where it stops and starts on the Northern and Southern ends, though if I'm not mistaken the camp is closer to the Southern Boundary than it is to the Northern Boundary.

Hopefully that helps some.

zirc_99

thanks Huntin nut.....BTW I have a toyoyta 4wd pu, can you get around the tract with a 4WD pu truck? The aerials show quite a few dirt roads thru the area.

Slug-Gunner

Map Info Needed....

I went out to the Woody's Hog Hunt main gate today and found the following map info so far.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ad...,+GA+30906&Lon=-81.898134344&Lat=33.274453345

The entrance to the Woody's Hog Hunt is off to the left of Bennock Mill Road. If you go to the above link and scroll to the lower bottom right area below the word "Road", you'll find the entrance to the dirt/gravel road (just to the left of where Bennock Mill Road makes a hard, right hand turn). Follow this road in to where it crosses the railroad tracks, just to the left of the "116", is the entrance to the club house we are to meet at.

I wanted to print out some topo maps of the area to bring with me to give out to those needing them, but I'm not sure what the area is we'll be hunting in. If River Swamp Rat or someone else in the Augusta area can PM me their phone number, we can get together on the phone and "pin down" the clubs boundaries on this map so I can print some topo maps out. I am sending River Swamp Rat a PM, but not sure he'll get it today or not. :huh:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
zirc_99,

Sorry to just get back with you. Apparently the thread got buried earlier.

If the place is not under water from recent rains, I believe you can get around to a fair share of the property with your truck especially if you don't mind getting a scratch or two on it here and there.

river swamp rat

You have to have one bad truck to get down first gate road, A part of yellow lake road and the back side of the mounds near the river has 2 pipes blowed out. A 4wheeler is best but can do it in a truck. A few years back I told a guy not to go down first gate road and he did later on. The next day it took us about 4 hours to get it out.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
RSR, thanks for chiming in. I'd hate to give out bum info. I was just going on what I experienced while I was there last year....Then again, he may be driving BIGFOOT... :D

Btw, it looks like I'll have my 4-wheeler... :bounce:

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
huntnnut said:
Btw, it looks like I'll have my 4-wheeler... :bounce:

Is that the one cuttin doughnuts when you killed that big boar?:D

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
You need a horn on that thing?:)

Topo maps showing all roads will be handed out as you register. -- Just picked them up from the printer.;)

The last turn down to the railroad will be marked with orange ribbons hanging from the street sign post.

Somebody stole the street sign. :huh: :D

QuakerBoy

Milton....good thing you didn't sell that thing :whip:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Rich, yea I was kind of hoping it wouldn't sell prior to the hog hunt...:D

Woody, I thought about mounting one of those fog horns on it that or one of those that plays dixie...:D