Whats the biggest turkey you've ever killed?

Arrow3

I guess we could go by several things here...Weight, beard length, or spur length...

I never have weighed my turkeys much..I killed a bird in Madison county in the late 90's that was a hoss!! He weighed 24lbs, had a double beard 11 and 9 1/2..He had one spur that was 1.5 inches long and the other had been broken off to a nub..

Ive killed 3 different gobblers with 1.5 inch spurs...

Longest beard was this past season hunting with S. Freeman...I killed a bird with him that liked 1/16 of an inch being 12 inches long..

Jody Hawk

This old public land Monarch !!! This bird had long 1 1/2" pink daggers with black tips. They were sharp as pins. The local warden saw this bird and estimated his age as at least five years old. I'm proud of this bird but to take him on public land where he had been hammered with call after call, every spring morning of his life, makes him extra special !!!!!!!

Attachments

• limbhanger.jpg
    limbhanger.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 3,392
H

HT2

Brandon.........

It was a 20 lb. Butterball!!!!!!!!

No spurs, no beard.......

But, it sure was good!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mrs. Arrow3

Well...

He was a unique turkey...about 6'2"...blonde hair, blue eyes...big ol' gobbler...I didn't kill him, but I sure bagged him pretty good!!!

Gadget

Heaviest was 22.1 lbs
Beard 11 1/4 inches.
Spurs 1.4 inches

All three were different birds.

Last edited:

Carp

I've killed two that weighed 22 lbs. This one I killed last year in Screven County hunting with Broadhead , TBorck,and Echo. He had an 10 1/2 in. beard and 1 5/16 & 1 3/8 in spurs.

Attachments

• 2004 Screven County.jpg
    2004 Screven County.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7,305

matthewsman

Blanton Creek

A public land 22 1/2 lb 11' beard was my first and biggest,pic later

Arrow3

Arrow3's Girl said:
He was a unique turkey...about 6'2"...blonde hair, blue eyes...big ol' gobbler...I didn't kill him, but I sure bagged him pretty good!!!

I thought I bagged you? I must have because I mounted you too!! ::gone: :speechles:

H

HT2

Jess........

Arrow3's Girl said:
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I'm sure Brandon loved that response...... :bounce: :bounce:

Outdoor-Writer07

Biggest bird...

I killed a 19 lb gobbler that had a 10 1/2" beard. That was is my heaviest and longest bearded turkey to date. Spur wise I killed a turkey last year with about 4 days left in the season that had 1 1/4" spurs. This is a picture of my turkey that I killed the last week of the season last year.

Attachments

• My turkey.JPG
    My turkey.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,994

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
11.5" beard
1 1/8" spurs (sharp)
He only wieghed 19 pounds but it was the first weekend in may and he was the the big daddy in those woods. He had almost no fat on him.

QuakerBoy

thanks for assuming I've actually killed one :bounce:

Hope this is the year :)

Outdoor-Writer07

Thunderhead...

That turkey sounds just like the one in my photo. He had almost no fat on him and just about all of his feathers were gone wore off just between his legs!!! I guess he was the BOSS of his woods too. :fine:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Me and my brother worked this turkey all season. He would gobble his head of but would not leave the center of the field. we finaly caught him with only 2 hens. I let out 2 or 3 yelps every 15 or 20 minutes for 2 hours. When the last hen went to nest i did not call any more. His curosity got the better of him and he came looking for the hen he had been hearing all morning. Its called turkey hunting , not turkey calling!