Question about starting a business...

davel

I wasn't sure which forum to use for this question. My wife and I would like to start a hunting & fishing store up here in New Hampshire. Where do we purchase the guns, fishing equipment, etc? Is there a wholesaler we buy from or do we purchase directly from the manufacturer? Thanks for the help.

Larry Rooks

You can set up to buy directly from the factory if you buy enough guns. It will depend on how big you are starting out. If you plan on opening BIG, foactory direct is the way to go but it'll take LOTS of guns to do it. Smaller at first and then you can order from Distributers, but with less profit margin. Grice Wholesale is a good one to order from

WTM45

I'd begin the FFL application process first. You may find it is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

ejs1980

davidsons is another good one to order from. they all have sales and it pays to shop around. The ffl is important if you have'nt already applied i doubt you'll sale guns until next year. Sometimes the process goes fast but i've seen it take a year or more to get one. Good luck

davel

Can I get an FFL without having leased a building yet (can I get one working out of my home)???? It would be difficult to lease a building without knowing if you are going to get your FFL approved. Thanks.

Hawghead

There are a lot of distributors out there.. the bigger distributors will require you to have a "stocking store front location". there are some distributors that will sell to basement bandits that sell guns for 10-15 dollars higher than for what they bought them for...your bigger distributors will require pictures of your store.