Deer Season......

H

HT2

Do you go "FULL FORCE" from beginning to end or do you try and pace yourself somewhat during Deer Season, to keep from burning out while the season is goin' on?????? ::huh: ::huh:

For me.....

I try to start a little slower than I use to......Which is hard, because I am in such anticipation of it gettin' here......If I go "FULL BORE", I tend to burn-out towards the end, and that ain't what I want......

Maybe it's cause I been doin' it for so long......I don't know........I'm givin' the first couples of weeks a "slow-go" and then it's ***** to the wall......Hammer Down!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

This hurricane has been perfect. I look for nasty weather to slow me down at the beginning. We are the worst. If it was not for high winds or heavy rain then I would be hammering it all the time. I thinks it's mother natures way of telling me to slow down a little and relax. Season just started.

Ramey Jackson

Hammer down in bow season. Then pick back up in November, take time off in Dec. Hammer back down in Jan. in the black belt (Alabama). :whip:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I Used to Hit it Wide Open & Stay That Way...

But as I've gotten older (and busier) I pace myself so I'm not too tired and burned out when the best hunting gets here in November...

TJay

I usually hit it pretty hard, but it seems like weather is my constant adversary. It always seems to me as I am going in to work on monday and tuesday that the weather is perfect, cool crisp and clear. The closer to the weekend the weather starts warming up, clouding up, etc. Murphy's Law... ::huh:

gobble79

I hit it hard pretty much starting with rifle season. I gave up bow hunting when my kids were 2-3 years old (14 years ago) and would take the kids with me to sit in fields and scout with binoculars. Haven't started back because of time. I still sit in a stand 3-4 times during bow just to observe. I just enjoy being outside & observing nature whether with a weapon or not. Will be going to hunt club in Butts tomorrow to make my last 1/2 work day. Does that count?

Randy

In the past I thought I had to be in the woods if season was in and I was off. This year I am going to just relax and enjoy it. If I don't feel like getting up and going, I ain't. If I don't feel like sitting in the tree all day, I ain't. I have made it too much work in the past and hav begun to loose the fun of it.

Jeff Phillips

I go easy during bow season and during Dec. I'll be there every weekend, but I don't stay on stand as long or I'll sleep through most of the morning hunt. That's when I play with Tater Tot in camp :bounce:

But I still go all out in November for the rut.

Tom Borck

Banned
I hunt NON STOP!! I hunted Saturday, Sunday, Monday,Tuesday, And Wednesday, and plan on going this evening if weather permits. It was too windy and rainy yesterday to go.

I will hunt every weekend and at least 4 times a week ALL season long!! I usually take 3-5 days during the peak rut, which is end of Oct. thru first week of Nov.

Hunting Teacher

Because I live in Florida, job, family , distance, and time limit my opportunities. So when I do get to the woods, it's full out all day long. Get in the stand before light, leave my last stand well after dark. A quick meal, a couple hours of sleep and here I go again.
Teach

Handgunner

I'm lucky enough to live on the land I hunt, and about a mile away from the other farm I hunt, so I guess my answer would be "steady". If I feel like hunting that morning, I will.. If not, I won't. I usually try to make every evening hunt though.. Just depends on how I feel that day. :) During the first couple of weeks of november, I'll try and force myself into the morning hunts also... That seems to be when the big boys are playing.

I've been wanting to try mid-day hunting, just haven't done that yet. It's so hot down here during the first month or so during deer season, it's hard for me to sit in a stand, comfortably, when the sun is straight up in the sky, bearing down on ya, while waiting for a deer to stroll by.. :D

dbodkin

laid back approach.. no hurry....Just enjoy the outdoors....

wildlands

I try to hunt every Sat. and some Sun. evenings. Then I also try to go at least twice during the week. I only live about 10 minutes from were I hunt. I do not worry if I do not get in the woods, I get an extra month to hunt by going to Alabama to hunt during January.

frankwright

I stop and smell the roses. I am 100% a deer hunting nut. I buy stands and camo in march. I watch hunting videos all year. I scout all year. However I don't kill myself hunting. If it is pouring down rain or 20 MPH winds, I probably will be at home.

Being retired gives me the luxury to pick my days to hunt. Oh I get cabin fever bad if I don't go a couple of days every week but I still hold out for the best conditions.

Lee

Bowseason wets my appetite, but when the weather starts getting cooler, and when gun season opens I hunt pretty good through Thanksgiving, then I calm down a bit until after Christmas.