anyone ever???

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
I was wondering if anyone had ever fished a few of the following and if so where are the fish. Im gettin my jon boat ready and the battery charged for soem warmer weather. here are the lakes. ( i know this doesnt apply to most because of where you might live) anyway: Lake Kedron (Peachtree City Resevior) Lake Horton (fayette county Resevior) Lake Meriwether (meriwether Resevior) and of course some good back waters of westpoint. Some where that i can catch fish without an outboard. I konw it can be done our old boat wouldnt start one day and we cought more with only the trolling motor than ever. thanks in advance

Randall

Taylor give me a call.

Taylor, give me a call. I fish Horton probably fifty plus times a year. It is my favorite lake to fish. I also fish Kedron some as well. The only lakes I fish are the smaller lakes around the Metro Atlanta area. I have had a couple of 100 fish days at Horton and think it is the best Summer/Fall lake in Ga for numbers of fish.I am the same guy you talked to you Saturday about the boat trailer over the phone.You can call me at 678-715-9910 anytime.

GAR

Kedron

Have fished Kedron quite a few times. Crappie fishing can be quite good under the bridge on minnows.

Have you ever tried the Coweta County Water Authority?
Open only Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. One big stipulation by the county. No boats of any kind that have got gas motors attached.

GAR

bubbafowler

coweta co.

Dont go to the Coweta resevoir unless you know what youre doing. There is absolutely no structure in there. In Order to catch the crappie, most people bounce jigs off the bottom all around the lake and hope for the best, although ive heard if the time is right you can tear them up, i just dont wanna waste time trying. And GAR was partially right. You CAN have a gas motor on your boat, it just has to be Completely out of the water. I have put in at whitewater boat ramp in west point before and my big motor not crank, so I used a trolling motor to get to my fishing spots, fish, and get back. So If you know hwere to go its very easy to fish there without a gas motor.--Matthew

Last edited:

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
thanks a lot that stuff is extremely helpful now one more questoin can you guys do soemthing about the wind and the temperature. Im a pretty serious fisherman but i can stand fishin in the wind. Also how bout bass ill deffinately put the crappie stuff to use but are there any bass in any of those lakes thanks a lot.