Need some opinions and info.

displacedhntr

I will be heading to Germany in about 2 months and I am interested in getting into taditional. I have heard that the Europeans make some world class bows. Any one know what names or what products to look for? Price range can be a factor but right now I would like to know bout all of them.
:flag:

reviveourhomes

Really the only European trad bowyers that I know of is Border Archery in Scotland. There are alot of Olympic archery makers in europe but I dont know of any other trad bowyers that are really talked about alot.

displacedhntr

I am not sure what is on the market as far as quality and brand names. Ok guys let me have your favorites and price ranges so I have an idea of what to look for. Is there much of a difference as far as speed and accuracy in the different bows or is mainly draw weight? I wont get to do any hunting while I am there but I can shoot alot and hopefully after three years I can take an old buck with traditional gear.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Europeans are buying American made bows as fast as they can get them. The one trad archer from Germany that frequents another site said they can buy the bows here and pay the expensive shipping costs cheaper than they can get a good bow over there.

footer

I don't know if you can get a license, there is alot of game in germany you will see lots of deer stands driving the highways, looks like Georgia .I couldn't go three year without hunting!!! Good Luck

displacedhntr

Hmm maybe I should buy a few bows before I leave then. The hunting over their is totally different. You have to take alot of classes and then pay a couple thousand just to hunt. I think I will at least come back to Kansas or Georgia for some hunting. It would be cheaper for me to fly back and buy a license than it would be to hunt there.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
In many European countries bows were long considered poachers tools and I would suppose that's where the restrictions started. Buy you a truckload of Bob Lee and make yourself a fortune reselling them over there. I've heard of guys that were stationed over there taking a Harley or an american muscle car over and using them the whole time they were there and then selling them for a very nice profit before they DEROS'd.