Prayers for another newborn

reylamb

This past Sunday my sister-in-law Catherine and her husband Bob found their 1 month old daughter Evylyn laying in her crib with a blue tint. At first they thought SIDS, so they rushed her to the hospital. As it turned out there was a blockage of sorts in her intestines that was causing some sort of kidney failure. The outlook was dim.

Yesterday, they took her in to have her parts of her large and small intestines, as well as her colon removed, the doctors gave her a 50% chance of surviving the surgery. She made it through the surgery. Now, the doctors are giving her a 20% chance of recovery.

My wife and her older sister have gone to Charleston, as well as the rest of Catherine's immediate family. At this point, the doctors do not feel Evy will recover.

While we feel Catherine is saved, we know Bob is not. Members of the pastoral staff from our church in Charleston had the opportunity to visit with Bob and Cat yesterday in attempt to both comfort, pray with and for Evy, and share the Gospel.

Please keep Evy and her family in your prayers that God's will be done, and that through this, Bob may receive the Gospel.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
I'm sure the Lord is watching over this precious baby , My prayers are on the way !!

Georgiaastro

Prayers from here for Evy and the family.

Larry

reylamb

I just got off the phone with my wife. She has come out of the coma she slipped into last night, and has at times breathed on her own even though she is still hooked up to the respirator. The DRs are changing her dialysis for her kidneys as she was not responsive to the previous dosage. They still say it is litterally hour by hour, but they are slightly more encouraged due to the change she has shown recently.

As I told my wife, all things work together for those that know the Lord.

matthewsman

God bless that

family and baby ::;

Jasper

Prayers sent!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My Prayers are on the way. May God Bless.

Mrbowdeadly

It hurts me to see the little people hurting. It is really a softspot for me. Please know that we are united in prayer for this little one and the others in this forum that need gods love right now.

Amen,
MBD

reylamb

Another update as of today.

Evy is still hanging in there but the outlook still looks bleak.

She began having some seizures and the DRs feared for brain damage. An EEG revealed brain activity with some "abnormalities." At this point they are unsure of what the "abnormalities" are, or what the long-term prognosis is.

In addition to that she has had some clotting in her legs which was contributing to the seizures. They have put her on some very mild blood thinners, and they appear to have reduced the clots, although not completely.

At this point Cat & Bob have made the very difficult decision and have signed a DNR in the event Evy has cardiac arrest. One of the DRs has actually said that any more blood thinning with her current condition would be inhumane and only cause more suffering. It was a difficult decision, but one which they made after considering all the facts at hand.

At this point she is still touch and go. Her condition has somewhat stabilized and she is off all meds other than the morphine and blood thinners. She has taken a few breaths on her own, but her condition slips by the hour. At times she appears to take a step forward towards healing only to take 2 steps backwards a few hours later.

Your prayers are appreciated, as is the fact that we have the Great Comforter with us. The truely sad part is that not all of Evy's family knows the Comfort and Grace that only God can provide. Maybe, through all of this, they will see their need to have Christ in their lives.

matthewsman

That's sad for all involved

I hate it y'all are going thru that Reylamb....many prayers for all involved....donnie

reylamb

On Thursday night at around 9PM Evylyn Jung went home to be with the Lord. The family appreciates you prayers during this time.

Woody's Janitor

Prayers are Continued!

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for the family.