The Perfect Church?

Hunting Teacher

My devotion this morning was really good. Had to do with what we expect of our church.
The writer said if you ever find a perfect church, don't join it. Because you would of just made it not perfect anymore! ;)
I know that's sure the truth of me!!
Had this poem too;
I think that I will never see a church that's all it ought to be,
A church that has no empty pews;
Whose pastor never has the blues;
A church whose deacons always "deak"
And none is proud and all are meek.
Where gossips never peddle lies or make complaints or criticize;
Such perfect churches there may be, but names of them aren't known to me!
And still we work and play and plan, to make our own the best we can. :clap: ::;
Teach

hpostelle

There will be only one perfect church, but it is not on this earth. Aren't you so glad and thankful that God takes imperfect people and provides them with a savior who makes them whole that one day we can worship in heaven in the perfect church.

BANDERSNATCH

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Bandy

PWalls

I believe that our walk on this earth is about growth. Growth in our Christianity and faith and spirit.

I don't think there is a perfect church because that would imply that they had no more need or room to grow.

I do believe that there are "good" churches though where the members strive to grow together and affect their community through outreach and missions to spread the word of God.