pintails

Duck's and Buck's

Hey guys I have been hunting for a few years now and I want to harvest a pintail in the worst kind of way. I wonder where the best opportinity to do this would be? I know some of you guys will know where to head. tks for your help. John

Duck's and Buck's

I've been to Ark. every year I've been hunting I just hunt in the timber on my own. Don't like paying 100 to 200 to hunt in the rice fields. I guess I'll just have to go ahead and shell out the $ and pay em. I'll try it next yr. I guess. Tks, John

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Or Mexico where the daily limit is somthing like 8! What a picture that would make, 8 Bull Sprigs! :fine:
I killed mine in LA but did kill a hen last year off Clarke Hill!

Yeah I know, three sprigs and a hen and I shoot the hen! :crazy:

Beautiful bird though!

Good Luck,

Gage

...ducked up beat me to it!

Nitro

Banned
The west coast of Mexico is a great hunt.

For an economical hunt and a sure thing on a full colored Drake - January in Texas.

Nick_T

Banned
Or hunt the GA coast and get lucky. If ya gonna get one in GA that's the highest percentage place to get it done, gonna have to be patient though, took me 10 years, but well worth the wait.

Nick T

jasperga

I had the opportunity last year hunting with David Newlin on the coast but of course I missed them 4 different times! He says they are around but not consistent. I was real depressed about it. We wore out the red breasted mergansers.

Nitro

Banned
D's&B's,

It is rare to kill in Pin in the timber. They like rice fields.

Those of you who want to get one for the wall better do it soon. Things are gonna change for the worse in the next few seasons. Pins, Blacks, Scaup, Harlis, and perhaps even Mallards will be closed or extremely limited in the future.

Believe dat.

Big Dawg

central flyway is the best

The central flyway is the best for sprigs. I have killed hundreds of them and 99 percent have come from the central flyway.You can hunt the dakotas but the birds are not full feathered when the season opens and a early November freeze can end the season up there pretty quick. I would skip Arkansas and hunt Kansas to Mexico._Mark

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Go to VA, late season that place is loaded up with them. Take your one and watch them land all in your decoys :whip: . I know MO, pinnies were in during the first part of the season the last two years and most are not in full plummage.

West coast has some serious potential, but I did not hunt them while I was out there.

dutchman

agarr said:
Those of you who want to get one for the wall better do it soon. Things are gonna change for the worse in the next few seasons. Pins, Blacks, Scaup, Harlis, and perhaps even Mallards will be closed or extremely limited in the future.

I couldn't agree more. It's pretty slim this year, even in Arkansas. Short pintail season and a daily limit of one. GA's the same, as you know.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
They have been at one a day for a very long time. Two years ago they went to a 30 day season with a daily limit of one.

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
covered up with pintails

Hope you get one. I just got back from Ark yesterday and there were more pintails in one of our bean fields than I've ever saw. Here's a pic from the last day we hunted with 3 drake sprigs.
Lagniappe12805.jpg

Duck's and Buck's

pins

What part of Ark. were you guys hunting in? That looks like a great hunt congrats. I'll keep trying. I only got to go to Ark. once this year and only hunted a rice field once in the evening. I hunted the rest of the time in the timber. I didn't even see a pintail. From what agarr and some others say we might not have much of a lengthy season next yr. Maybe for the best?

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
We were hunting in NE Arkansas, near Waldenburg. We managed a pretty good season, but this was still the worst year for duck numbers there. I wouldn't be suprised if the season and limits are cut next year.