Chickasawhatchee

SouthGAHunter

Is anybody planning on going to Chickasawhatchee the weekend of April 7th...that's the first weekend they allow sign in hunts....Just trying to see if I am going to have alot of competition

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Every year it gets more crowded. I`ll do a little plunderin` around in there, but it will be durin` the week days. Those Chickasawhatchee birds are special.

blindhog

Wait to get there about 9:00 am. Most will be leaving by then.
Year before last i struck a hot gobbler at 11:00. I thought I should move away from the truck and set up about 75 yds away....bad mistake, huge mistake. That gobbler strutted and gobbled for 30 min right by the truck.
I lost.

SouthGAHunter

Me and a buddy are gonna try it....hopefully nothing will happen like it did during one of our hog hunts....we got yelled at and cussed out by some old man who came a little unraveled when we apparently "stole his spot that he was hunting from daylight to dark for 3 #$%^ days" and when we got there he wasn't even there. Hopefully we won't have any experiences like that. We'll just try to stick to ticking off birds when they come in looking for a girlfriend

diamondback

we were there saturday

heard at least 4 different birds gobble and got to within 100 yards of one but couldnt get him to come out of the swamp.there is supposed to be a quota of 60 but I swear there was that many riding around by 9 oclock.seemed more crowded then than during the deer hunts.gonna give it another try thursday, maybe it will be less crowded during the week.

cpowel10

Me and a buddy are gonna try it....hopefully nothing will happen like it did during one of our hog hunts....we got yelled at and cussed out by some old man who came a little unraveled when we apparently "stole his spot that he was hunting from daylight to dark for 3 #$%^ days" and when we got there he wasn't even there. Hopefully we won't have any experiences like that. We'll just try to stick to ticking off birds when they come in looking for a girlfriend

The crossbow/video camera combination hasn't gotten a kill since september, its ready!

I heard a gobble tonight behind the tripod