houston county state park

rustvyper

I'm gonna try out at the the new houston co. state park tomorrow morning. Anyone been there & wanna offer some advice, or anyone want to come along?

rustvyper

if you are meaning in the air - little chance I saw it. Usually too busy to enjoy the view much :)
Otherwise, no. Tomorrow will be my first turkey hunt this season, & first ever GA turkey hunt!

Timbo 66

I NEVER BEEN THERE. I GUESS YOU HAVE HAD LUCK THERE BY YOUR HAPPY FACE ON YOUR POST. HOW MUCH LAND IS THERE? THANKS GUNSLAER FOR THE INFO.

kevinr

You'd probably be better taking a drive over to the Ocmulgee WMA. That's where I'll be when they let me out of work in the morning.

bam_bam

You'd probably be better taking a drive over to the Ocmulgee WMA. That's where I'll be when they let me out of work in the morning.

thinking about going to ocmulgee myself. what section do you hunt

gunsaler111

Banned
i killed a 4-5 year bird on hoco tues afternoon around lunch,11 inch beard ,1 spur that was over 1 1/4 ", other broke,19 lbs. He looked beat up and run over,so hes been fightin a bunch i guess.My third time turkey hunting,my first bird.So either i picked up calling quick ,or they are just dumb as bricks out there!
there were only 6 people sighned in on 850 acres.

kevinr

I hope your hunt went better than mine. I went to Ocmulgee Woods. I didnt hear or see anything at all.