Anyone been brave enough...

Nate23

...to venture down to Redlands WMA yet? I know several folks have said they will hunt Redlands this season, and I plan to give it a shot tomorrow and Friday morning. Just wanted to see if anyone had any reports.

I dare not go there during the week.

Nate

short stop

I drive right thru it every day going to work in Greensboro ---seen plenty of trucks on the roadside . I hunt there mid season during the week once the stampede is over .

AthensMarine

Don't have to enter that combat zone this year

...to venture down to Redlands WMA yet? I know several folks have said they will hunt Redlands this season, and I plan to give it a shot tomorrow and Friday morning. Just wanted to see if anyone had any reports.

I dare not go there during the week.

Nate

Found a club this year! :banana:

Jody Hawk

Let me tell y'all a story about what happened to me on Redlands one morning. I thought I had me a spot far away from the crowd but what I didn't know was there was another way in there. Well I get there on Saturday morning thinking I am by myself and right at daybreak I've never heard so many locater calls in my life. I turned around and headed back to the truck. On my way home just out of curiosity, I rode to the firing range to see how many trucks were parked there. I was amazed that I saw not one single truck.

So I park my truck and walk down this logging road several hundred yards and sit down in a little patch of hardwoods there. I hit my call and heard what I thought was another hunter calling back to me. The yelps were coming from where I had just walked down the logging road !!!!!! I wait a few minutes and call again and the yelps are closer. I turn and look over my right shoulder and here comes a single hen with a strutting Tom in tow coming right down the logging road that I had just walked down !!!!!!!!

When they get to me she comes around my left side and he is on the right. She gets way ahead of him and goes out of sight. I picked me out a big pine tree and when he went behind it, I swung my gun and got him when he stepped out. I was back at the truck with my gobbler in less than an hour on the second Saturday of the season !!!!!!!!

Hawken2222

I'll be down there saturday & sunday.