Thieves nothing but THIEVES(please read)

j_seph

This is from the NSBA message board. This happened at our Tournament Saturday. :smash: If anyone knows or hears please respond and lets get this/these !@#$$#!
By this time, I am sure that some of you have heard that the NSBA was robbed at the Lanier tournament this past weekend at Little Hall Ramp. I want to bring everyone up to speed and make a couple of requests of those present.

During the tournament weigh in Pam and I were asked for several things requiring us to make multiple trips to our vehicles. Pam is the best about locking her van, but I on the other hand usually leave my truck unlocked. On one of the trips to her van, Pam must have left the van unlocked. I say this because no damage was done to her van and unless the person had a tool to unlock the doors it must have been unlocked. For Pam to leave her doors unlocked would be very unusual since she locks the doors to walk up to our mail box. The blue money bag with the words “Tournament Trail” written on the side was placed on the top of a box in the middle seat of her van. Sometime between the start of the weigh in and the conclusion of the weigh in, someone removed the money bag from Pam’s van. There was close to $6,000 in cash and checks in that bag. Pam and I have put the money in the NSBA Trail Account to replace the money to pay the fishermen. We did this from our home equity line of credit. Pam has taken responsibility for this which I have tried to assure her that she is not alone in it and we share it equally. This has been a big blow for Pam and I financially, but I want to assure all of you that the NSBA has been reimbursed and all the fishermen’s money in the checks written for placing in the tournament are covered. Fortunately, we had all the records with credit card information in my business file. Only checks and cash were taken.

We have received information from people at the weigh in who observed someone peeking into Pam’s van and hanging around it. I looked at some of the pictures we took at the weigh in and Pam’s van is visible from at least 3 or 4-shots. I am requesting everyone who was there to try and remember if they saw anything out of the ordinary going on, and if you or someone you knew took pictures at the weigh in, would you look at them and forward a copy to us. Additionally, I will offer a reward of the cash (less the amount that should have gone to the NSBF for striped bass conservation work) in the bag, to anyone who provides information leading up to an arrest and conviction of the person or persons who would do this. We had a lot of people at the event and my heart tells me that it must have been an observer, not a participant.

Also, if you paid by check would you stop payment on the check and reimburse us the difference from the amount of the check and the costs to you for the bank’s stop payment fee? Since we have paid the NSBA, these checks need to be made out to Pam and Warren Turner. For anyone interested, Pam and I have drawn closer from this experience. God still remains in control of our lives and we remain humbled to him for the internal power he has bestowed on us. And, thankful for the blessings we have gotten by having friends in the NSBA.

Warren

Warren Turner
President, National Striped Bass Association

clay30286

Enough!

This is the third or fourth post of this type in the last week or two. A person's fishing equipment should be safe at the lake..not to mention valuables. Maybe these guys will be greedy enought to try and cash the checks... or better yet deposit them into one of their personal accounts. Anything to give the bluelights long enough to show up...or a handful of the guys that were actually there fishing could probably show up and settle the matter with the thieves personally.

Duff

sorry to hear this JSeph :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: