Rumor is ...........

Jody Hawk

that a gobbler with a 1 3/4" spur died this morning and pics are coming soon !!!!!!!!! :hair:

.......and no it wasn't me who killed it !!!!!!!! :cry:

Jasper

A3 do it again?

neckringer

HOPE ALL MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO ENTER HIM IN THE RECORD BOOK.
AS IN CERTIFIED SCALE AND I WOULD ALSO HAVE SOMEONE FROM THE STATE SIGN OFF AS THE BIRD IS BEING MEASURED;)

Jasper

wack em

I bet it was Gobblingdawg!

miller

Wow! Can't wait to see some pics.

GobblingDawg

I must confess that it was definitely NOT me (this time)!
:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

It sounds like that I am in the same boat as you, Ryan. Because I would settle for a dumb 2 year old right now. I have made a goof up and had some dumb luck or I would be sitting pretty with at least one and very easily two under my belt right now. But that's why they call it hunting instead of killing.

It can be so humbling at times!!!

Go Dawgs and thank God for turkey season,
GobblingDawg

short stop

well Jack I shot at one this morning ''missed '' ---all of 2 yrs old with 8'' in beard and dumber than a rock he came in fast ---really to fast . I wanted a friend of mine to shoot him but he saw him move at 15 yrds and the party was over -- I didnt even have my gun picked up as it was leaning on a tree .I really wanted my bud to kill him as he's only killed a few birds in his lifetime - I jumped up and I got a snap shot at about 40 but he was mooooovin on at light speed ! oh well
Bring on the pics of the HOOKER !!!!!

Al33

I took Michael Tull as a guest on our club in Gordon County this morning. We have talked about a hunt together for years and it kind of happened overnight with a phone call. We decided yesterday to give it a try this morning. I met Michael in 1991 when he bought my flying tom sculpture, "The Warrior". He later became president of NWTF and now serves on their board of directors. His turkey hunting and calling expertise is not to be out done by his genuine character and his friendship is beyond measure.

I felt that needed to be said first so now on to the story.:) Last Sunday morning Chuck and I heard between 12 and 15 different gobblers but couldn't close the deal on one. I was hoping the birds would once again be turned on and I had a special place I wanted to get before daylight that required a long hike. We got there in time but did not hear any roost gobbling. I gave Michael the choice of sitting up on his own alone or we could sit fairly close together and told him where I would sit if I were hunting alone. He proposed we hunt together so I sent him out the ridge a little ways believing the birds would likely come from that direction. The ridge overlooks a large creek bottom and I sat up about 40 yards back from him and facing away with the ridge crest to my back. It got light and I had not heard any gobbling. About 7:30 I could easily hear Michael cutting and yelping and I suspected he was arguing with a hen in the bottom that I could not hear from my position. After about 10 minutes of this he came to me and said he had a bird gobbling in the bottom but thought it may be across the creek. We went to the ridge top and he pointed to where he thought the tom was at. I told him there was a good chance he was on our side of the creek and there was another ridge we could go to to make it easier for the tom to get to us. We did. I explained the topography to him and sent him out the ridge and towards where I thought the tom would be then backed off to the backside of the crest to listen. At 8:08 I hear him shoot then he shot again at 8:10. I'm thinking he had to finish him off with a second shot. I waited at the top of the ridge until I heard him whistle and went to investigate. Here he comes up the ridge with TWO toms over his shoulders and a smile as big as Texas is wide. First thing he said after the hugs and back slapping was; "Look at this one's spurs!". The #2 tom had 1 3/8ths" spurs and 9.5" beard and the first tom with the long spurs had an 11.5" beard. The pic's tell the rest of the story other than to say he called them in with a Robert's Brother's glass call. On yea, one more thing, this tom with the 1.75" spurs is his best ever with the exception of a Guatemala tom that had 2.25" spurs and he has taken many toms.

Congrat's again Michael, that was a hoot!!!:clap:

Attachments

• MTull3-28-07-1.jpg
    MTull3-28-07-1.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 608
  • MTull#1tom.jpg
    MTull#1tom.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 614
  • MTull#1tom-3.jpg
    MTull#1tom-3.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 621

miller

He was the Boss, with those daggers! Congrats to you both.

Jasper

Good deal! Great hunt and even greater birds!