Made #2 take a dirt nap this morning!!

Arrow3

Birdie # 2 for the season died this morning in Franklin County....He wasn't a big bird at all to be a 3 yo....He has a 9 inch thin beard....1 inch spur on one leg and 1 1/8 on the other....I didn't weigh him but I bet he's no more the 16lbs or so.....Here are some pictures and I'll post the story later..Jessica is sick and im gonna check on her and then I'll be back to post the story..:fine: :fine: .

Attachments

• 104_0563 (600 x 445).jpg
    104_0563 (600 x 445).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 104_0567 (600 x 445).jpg
    104_0567 (600 x 445).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 104_0566 (445 x 600).jpg
    104_0566 (445 x 600).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 390

Arrow3

Congratulations Brandon !!!! Were they gobblin this morning ??

Greg,

I heard one gobble on the roost about 10 times.....The bird I killed never gobbled on the roost and only gobbled 5 times on the ground before I pulled the trigger...

GobblingDawg

Good deal, Brandon!!
:yeah:

I am glad that somebody is doing something right.
:banginghe :eek: :hair:

Go Dawgs and thank God for turkey season,
GobblingDawg

Arrow3

Here is the story...

I decided to try a different approach on the bird that I got on Wednesday morning...I walked into the hardwood ridge that I had killed 3 birds in the previous years...I hooted with my mouth and a bird answered me but I couldn't tell where he was....I hooted again and he answered...This bird was roosted across the highway behind me...He was 300+ yards from the property line that I was hunting...I decided to go to the lower corner of the field and just set up some decoys and wait (didn't wait long)..I eased up against a tree and gave a series of yelps on my mouth call....A hen answered from behind me...Since I was pretty close to the line I turned around to make sure it wasn't a hunter....I see the hen and she is LOOKING for me and she is not happy!!:hair: Me and her get into a calling match and all of a sudden..GOOObbblleObbble...He was less then 100 yards up the ridge....I waved my hand at the hen to scare her off...She took to flight and I called again....He cut me off...He came strutting down the hill and seen the decoys..He broke strut and came running the whip my jake....I didn't give him a chance though...He he hopped the creek, I gave him a load of #5's..Im pretty sure this bird had never said anything on the roost...I just don't see how that other gobbler could have gotten to me that fast..:fine: :fine: :fine:

One more to go...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congrats on the second bird A3!!

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dangit, them Boneheads are ahead of us all. Congrats on #2 Brandon. Go get #3 and you and Dutchman come call me one up. I must not be holding my mouth right or something. Tim

ultramag

Congratulations Brandon!!! Way to feed him a lead sandwich:whip: I am glad you killed ole bigguns brother:fine:

Jasper

Great job killer! :fine: