The rut is on in Upson!

frankwright

Well, maybe not.

Yesterday I went down to our lease to bring out two stands I still had hanging on a tree. I love to walk the woods this time of year as you can see things you can't see when the woods are still green.

I looked for sheds(no luck) scouted for turkey sign (saw lots) and walked deer trails.
I found many rubbed trees. The rubs were fresh. Fresh moist shavings were laying on top of the ground. I followed one trail and there were fourteen rubbed trees on the trail. It was very easy to just follow the deer trail and see all the rubbed trees. Some were small and some had to have been made by a big racked buck.
I found the rubbed trees in four different areas including the two where I had stands. I only saw one buck all year and it was only for a second and during bow season.
It really makes you wonder if the season starts and ends way too early!

gtaff

Banned
Do you by any chance do you have any openings in your Club? I live in Barnesville and looking for a good lease close to the house.

Trizey

That's a great looking buck Smitty! :clap:

Was he broken off on the other side or under developed? He was definitely mature! :shoot:

smitty

Buck

He was a 10 point 130 class the year before.I have pics of him,taken in the same spot I harvested him in this year,he had a small hole in his horn above the brow tine and it effected the growth of the horn for some reason,with a normal brow tine and only one other point 2 inches long :crazy:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I bet that pic hurt when you got it!!!!!!!

Neat Pic!!

His mouth is wide open, crazy with lust I guess.

Tommy