Public land problem

Buckerama

I have been hunting Ocmulgee wma and im having trouble finding birds. I know a spot where they are but I can work em due to all the slews in there its almost impossible. where should I look? hills? pines? bottoms? they certainly are taking it to me this year.

GA DAWG

Its a big place.I would try and find some more on HIGH GROUND.

Buckerama

yeah iv thought about trying it up on higher ground, but thats where everyone else hunts. Im going to be up there during the week for 5 days so maybe I can get something. Im starting to get discouraged already.

cpowel10

hey buckerama, SouthGAHunter and myself are thinking about trying out ocmulgee in a few weeks and maybe camping out for the weekend. Are there as many turkeys and hogs there as chickasawhatchee?

Buckerama

well the hog hunting isint as good as it was a few years back, but thats just me. The turkeys, those things are everywhere. You can really get some hogs if you find em but its hard to find em. I will be up the 16th thru the 20th of this month if you guys want to come up, ill be camped at area 1 campground. I might can help yall with turkeys but not to much with hogs.

cpowel10

ok thats sounds good. We're going to head up later this month, around that time. I've never been before. Whats the land like? We should all get together up there

Big Dawg

Buckerama..........

Don't feel like your the only one struggling. I have been hunting hard at Ocmulgee and it has been extremely tough to get on any gobbling birds. The places I usually find them are quiet.

Latest posts