Talk about a quick hunt...(w/pics)

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
This afternoon I came home from work and changed out of the Uniform into the camo. I told CountryGuy2010, my 15 year old son, that if he was going with me he better get dressed. This was at 7:00 PM. We drove to the location we were at on Opening Morning where we got bushwhacked. I parked the truck, got our vest, seats and guns and away we went. We had walked about 100 yards from the truck and heard a gobble. I eased up and looked over the hill and there they were. Right where we were sitting on opening morning. Six gobblers fanned out strutting. I knew where they were going to roost at and we took off on a 200 yards sprint bent in half at the waist so they could not see our heads. We got set up and I eased out and peered over the hill again. They were heading our way. I did some soft calling on my new Tom Teaser Call Girl diaghram call that Mr. Tommy Walton of Tom Teasers Custom Calls sent me on Tuesday. That thing is so sweet raspy it should be against the law. I yelped a couple of times and clucked a few times. Raked the leaves between cars going down the road so they could hear me. I told CountryGuy to get ready. I shut up and approx. 5 minutes late up pops a head. Me being color blind I thought it was a hen. I yelped softly and that snoot just about dropped to the ground and his head turned blood red. Then it was click boom. We jumped up and ran out to him and the other 5 just stood there. I waited on CountryGuy to shoot and nothing. So I took the shot. And missed. All 5 took off flying over the trees. I don't mind missing when I get greedy...lol. Then it was on :yeah: We looked like the fat kids that got in the Candy Store dancing around in the field. I sent him after the truck and looked at my watch and it was 7:30 PM. Hey this is fun.:fine: I had to call the 10 year old Good Luck Charm and tell her I need one of them cards like she made Dutchman.:D She was upset but I told her that she would be back on Saturday from her Grandmothers house. She was happy then. She did not want to go but her Grandmother is here from N.C. Well I will try and load the pictures and make sure that you can see them. He had a ten inch beard, 7/8's inch spur and a 3/4 on the other side. He weighs 18 lbs. This is the first balchelor group of gobblers I have seen in two weeks. The Boss must be busy.:bounce:
Good Luck, Tim

Attachments

• HPIM2256.jpg
    HPIM2256.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 467
  • HPIM2260.jpg
    HPIM2260.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 449

Arrow3

Congrats man!! I know your glad to be on the board!!

jcarter

Banned
good job thnga. fine looking bird.

miller

Sounded like a fun hunt! Congrats.....

dutchman

Good going, Tim. Congratulations! I only wish that your baby girl could have been with you.

gabreamfanatic

congrats tim. were henned up here pretty darn good. and was talkin to my hunting buddie last night he thinks were about to bust out real good. i didnt go this morning but will be out after them all weekend long.

Gadget

Nice late afternoon gobbler Tim

get that knee feeling better and get back after em.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations!! Nice bird!

Jasper

Great story and bird! WTG! :banana: