Who heard a gobbler this morning in the cold/windy conditions?

Arrow3

I heard one...He gobbled about 15-20 times over an hour period...He got hung up on me though...We will meet again though....:fine: :fine: :fine:

Gobblergetter

I heard two....they gobbled probably 10-15 times but they gave me the slip

I think I let the wind trick me and I got to close....but I goot monday off

Woody's Janitor

They are doing some struting out here in OK in high winds and cold temps. The Rios are crazy!

beginnersluck

I must have cut my alarm off b/c the next thing I knew it was 8:30 when I woke up. I went and roosted some birds last night, too.:banginghe . Oh, well, I'll get after them another day. I went yesterday morning and had 3 gobbling around me. One was about 80-100 yards over the next ridge. He gobbled 50 times if he gobbled once. His first gobble was 6:28 (in the dark) while I was still setting out my Feather Flex decoys. He gobbled at least 20 times before he flew down, and once he hit the ground, he gobbled, double gobbled and triple gobbled. I heard several hens with him and after about an hour of gobbling, he finally made his way away from me and I only heard a few more faint gobbles from him in the distance. I did have a bird that was 300 or so yards away come towards my calling, but some hens cut him off and he shut up and I never saw him. I guess it's a good thing to have so many hens around (for future population)...but they sure do make hunting hard!!!:D

Woody's Janitor

Im gonna kill me one of those crazy rio's one of these days....:cool:

Someone got a nice gobbler yesterday, between Lawton and Altus, with their car!

GAGE

GONetwork Member
1 bird that gobbled 13 times that was way henned up and on another property.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I didnt hear a peep. I did change propertys this morning though.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
not 100% sure we heard anything, know for a fact we saw nothing. Covered about 600 acres this morning.

Jody Hawk

Me and Shortstop got on two about 9 am. We had one that was hot as a firecracker. Never heard a peep from the roost though.

kevincox

I heard one bird gobble 1 time from the roost and that was it. I did call up a Jake at 9:30am in a big field but that was the highlight of this morning.

short stop

yeah we had a bird gobblin like no tommorow I got him close enuf to hear him drummin and he'd rattle the ground at durn near eveything I put on the table for him --- if he would came another 15 yrds he'd abin toasted to the end of Jodys gun . Nothing from the branch but I knew they'd drop the hammer a some point in the mornin --cold cant stop e'm or shut'em down . We only heard 2 birds on my place --- and I am not jokin its a bad day when ya only hear two of 'em around there .

capt stan

Sabrina and I did hear one at the same spot as the last two weekends.. He gobbeled 2 times. Once at 06:47 and then at 06:52 both from the tree. We set up untill 08:30 on him and nothing. Then we made a move of about 150 yds and bumped 2 we saw them flying up into some trees:mad: Not sure if the were toms or hens???

Walked a good ways calling every few hundred yds in the creek. Then we had one come in silent after just two times calling. he saw me before I saw him running away at about 20 steps. it got behind some palmettos and we had no shot:mad:

That was it for this morning:huh:

hootinga

woke up and it was to windy so stayed home. goin to get after them tomorrow when he wind at so bad but is suppose to be freezy