Clubs and Leases

hpostelle

I am looking at a club right now that is looking for several members. After careful review I believe that the club has entirely too many rules and conditions. The club has 14 pages of rules. Does anyone want to expound on there club rules. How many is too many

Jeff Phillips

14 pages is WAY too many!

Ours are very simple:
Follow the game laws.
5 deer limit, 3 does max, guest deer count toward your total.
4 points on a side or 15" inside for bucks.
If you have a drink you are done for the day.
Pin in and out.
No guests until the 3rd weekend of gun season, 6 guest days total.
Treat each other with respect!

That's all that is needed :huh:

Trigabby

Jeff.. what's your rule on spouses and kids? Are they part of the guest rules?

Jeff Phillips

They are considered guests. I would like to see a reduced number of members and allow kids and spouse to hunt on my membership.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
We have a constitution and by laws which we have used for over 30 years. Probably 8 pages total. It has worked well for us.

Timberman

The club has 14 pages of rules.

I would not want to subject you to the torture, but I would really like to know what exactly comprise 14 pages of rules regarding a hunting organization. If you could post an outline?

The clubs I run are simple.

2 buck/member(you can take more in sc)

Guest bucks count towards your total.

Game laws to be obeyed and enforced. All kills recorded, weights at time of kill, and jawbones at the end of the season with a way of knowing which is which.

Some clubs are 8 point or better, some are not. It is made clear if someone shoots a 3.5 or better 7 or six, etc, it will not be an infraction. I wish I could say 3.5 or older, but the point limit works better with the average hunter.

All permanent stands are considered club stands and subject to first come, first serve. No reserved areas etc.

Most of my members use these leases to entertain, so our guest policy is very loose. If I see obvious abuse, then I will address it. Such has not been the case.

I give a doe harvest goal at the beginning of the season.

That's all folks.