New Quaker Boy Calls!

DaddyPaul

This is not an endorsement or an advertisement in any way, just a report of the facts. I think most of you know that I call 'em like I see 'em and wouldn't tell you to buy something I didn't think was worth the money. As a pro-staffer for Quaker Boy we get free samples of the calls and I got mine today. QB has a new pot call entitled the Bullseye. It is an anodized aluminum call with some extra rough spots on the surface to catch the striker better. Mine runs great and I am really excited to try it on a bird. The Gravedigger is a modified paddle call that has a curved lid so you don't have to introduce the proper lid angle while running it. It too sounds great to me and is very easy to run. A couple old mouth calls have some new tape on them to help seal off the air easier and they work great for me. I have a real high, narrow palette and they run as easy as any calls I have tried. These are just my opinions and yours may differ. If I have broken any rules by posting this I apologize but like I said I ain't trying to pimp the calls just letting you know what I think about some calls that not too many people have their hands on yet!

DaddyPaul

Yessir. They look like the little Mini-Mag tape but are a darker green and the frame is full size. I still can't run a World Champ worth a hoot but the other two work pretty good. I still can't call worth a hoot but I like making noise!

Limb Hanger

DP,
Have you ever tried some of the narrow frames? I just made a order and saw they were offering "narrow frames" for folks like you! Are you coming up to Perry?

Glenn

DaddyPaul

Is Quaker Boy still making their screaming Green line of Mouth Calls?

I am in need of a new batch and can not seem to find them anywhere.

HELP!

DaddyPaul

Glenn they are still in our catalog. Try Midwest Call Supply, if they don't have them call Quaker Boy directly and get some sent to you.

Meriwether Mike

I plan on trying some of Quaker Boys new mouth calls if my order with BPS ever gets here. I ordered 3 items from their sale catalog and they back ordered 2 of them. How about having stuff in stock when you send out a sale catalog. :banginghe

Glenn

So DaddyPaul....How does one go about becoming a "Pro Staff" member and getting free stuff?

Do you have to go out and put on programs and be a vendor?

DaddyPaul

Being in the right place at the right time I guess? I did some guiding down here in Florida and hunted with Terry and Dale Rohm and the fellas from Scent-Lok's TV show. One thing led to another and I sent out some resumes and here I am. You have to go to a lot of shows and promote the product to the public to stay on the staff once you get the position. Quaker Boy opened a lot of other doors for me that would have otherwise been slammed in my face which led to positions with a few other companies. It ain't all it's cracked up to be but I guess it is worth it in the long run?

Glenn

So what you are saying DP is being famous ain't everything :bounce:

I got to many other things on the menu to do anyways ::gone:

pseshooter

QB Calls

I have always had a soft spot for Qb calls. I have 2 DD Adams slate calls and 4 or 5 Supreme Grade Box Calls. I also have a Mini Paddl that a man named Roscoe gave me about ten years ago and it sure makes them gobble.I bought four more off ebay last week and they sure sound good. I am looking forward to getting a couple of their new slate calls and running them this year. That being said other then the Old Boss Hen I really can't blow the mouth calls by QB. I am looking forward to trying the new mixed color reed series as soon as someone gets them in stock.

Lumpkin Hunter

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the Grave Digger box call. I may purchase it this year. I have used Quaker boy calls on and off for many, many years with the Pro Tripple diaphram in the plain white version being one of my favorite diaphram calls.

Come on Spring, I can't wait to hear that first Gobble of the season.

Hunt hard and God bless.

Michael Lee

DP,

Got my calls last Friday. Just had a chance to run them today. You are right on with the calls. They are pretty good stuff.

I like the slate as well. The new box will scream!! I could call to birds in FL from here with that thing.

Haven't run the mouth calls yet, but they look real similar to the ones they sent me in December that I was telling you about. Probably not the same ones, but the design is there.

Maybe QB is trying to grasp it's way back up the production call chain again? :)

Glenn,

DP is right as well as it's about being at the right place at the right time. Doesn't hurt that you are a hunting machine like DP is either!! :D It has opened a lot of doors for me too. My advise is to stay after it with any companies that you like, you'll find one that will fit you and maybe you can get in the door with them if that's what you want. Never get discouraged and be yourself!

ML