2 boars

guess

me and my wife went out hog hunting ,we were seeing lots of good sign! so we moved slowly stopping to listen off and on for movement! the brush here is very thick! I had seen a coyote earlier at about 600 yards and turned my scope all the way up but forgot to turn it back down! I crossed a creek and on my way out on the other side I heard something moving in a plumb thicket about 30 yards ahead of me! I stopped looked and I could see a hogs outline as it moved ,I looked through the scope and all I could see was a blur .I thought well the brush is very thick so I looked again he saw me and grunted so I shot,busting him right in the head! the rest scattered.so we continued on.about an hour later we crossed the creek again at another spot, my wife spooked 3 hogs out of the brush but had no shot! as 2 of them passed me I shot at 1 of them but I missed,just then I noticed the other one had made it to the corn field about 160 yards out! he was haulin' butt, I shot and missed ,I took better aim and shot again! the ol' 7mm mag dropped him dead! I hit him close to the end of his rib cage angled forwards.taking out lung and a portion of the spine!
the first weighed 149 pounds,the second 184 pounds with a weiser weight and tusk score of 363 in the weight category!
242308.jpg

242312.jpg

Robk

Nice piggies. What part of the state were you hunting in. Never seen em so shaggy.

guess

N.texas ,sometimes they are shaggy sometimes they ain't! but they're always ugly!

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
Nice pigs!!!!!!!!! My dad killed one in South Texas this year that looked just like those, but his weighed 225 lbs!!!!!!