Bowhunting Turkeys

Glenn

Anyone Bowhunt Turkeys?

I just watch a video called "Eastern Insanity" and I mainly wanted to see what the guys bow setup was but the video was a little old and so most of his equipment was outdated.

What got me is the trailing he had to do on most of the birds. Only one "flopped" in the place where he shot it, the rest of them ran off. Just like deer hunting he would give them 30 min to and hour before looking. He found all of them but I could see where one could loose one easy.

Any thoughts? :pop:

Hoyt man

when turkey huntin with a bow take off poundage so your arrow wont fly through also alot of people will tape a fish hook to the front of there arrow shaft also helping.

Glenn

I read about the fish hook idea in a GON article last year I think? I would think the fish hook may tend to make your arrow fly off track but may at a short distance it would not bother it.

:eek: So you want your arrow NOT to go throught the turkey? Also what is the best shot placement on a broadside turk? The guy on the video was aiming for its thigh (just above it).

Thanks in advance :cool:

Bow Only

The treble hooks really don't affect arrow flight at hunting ranges. At a broadside turkey, shoot him through the wing butt which is just above and front of the leg.
My video is in the final stages of editing and will be available before the season (hopefully). It is a how to video when it comes to bow hunting turkeys, but will still have 10 or 12 kill shots.
Go to www.bowonlyoutdoors.com and read the article about bowhunting turkeys. PM me if you have any questions.

Outdoor-Writer07

Gonna give it a shot...

I am definitley gonna give bowhunting for turkeys a try this year. I am gonna go for one with my shotgun first though. :shoot: