Bainbridge Riverfest

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
At least, I think that`s the name of it. Anyhoo, It`s this Saturday, May 12, at the Earl May Boat Basin, in Bainbridge Georgia.
Ben Kirkland, Veronica Weiss and Family, Jackie Briggs, Ed Seeley (possibly), and myself will be there with a small primitive encampment set up doin` various primitive skills and aggravatin` city folks and pilgrims. :bounce: If any of ya`ll are in the area, stop in and say howdy. We`ll be there all day.
This is just a one day event, but should be a lot of fun. There are supposed to be arts and crafts, a boat show, and a Friday night concert. Ain`t never set in a tipi and listened to a live concert before! :p

Ken, if you can break away, grab your plunder and come on. We`ll have plenty of room, no need to bring your lodge. Any other buckskinners prowlin` the area, stop on in. Coffee will be on the fire.

Count Down

This is the event list for the Riverdays event.

Friday, May 11, 2007

6 pm Antique Car Rally
6:30 pm The Tams
8 pm Swingin’ Medallions

Saturday, May 12, 2007

7 am Great River Rummage Community Yard Sale
9 am Kids Activities Begin ($5 armbands for sale)
Gladiator joust
Clowns (until 1:00 p.m.)
Choo choo train
Bungee Run
Rock Climbing Wall
Mechanical bull
Giant slide
Obstacle course
9 am Frontier Family Village Opens
9 am Military helicopter display
9 am Boat/ATV display…free pontoon rides
9 am Magic Show, performing arts stage
10 am Pony Rides Begin
10:30 am Lucretia's School of Dance, performing arts stage
11:30 am Benny West Alligator Exhibition, east of Chamber
11:45 am Melynda Murkerson's Dance Academy, performing arts stage
1 pm Benny West Alligator Exhibition, east of Chamber
2 pm Benny West Alligator Exhibition, east of Chamber
The Great River Rummage opens at 7 am on Hatcher Road.

The largest rummage sale in Southwest Georgia draws bargain hunters looking for hidden treasures. You need to get an early start on Saturday at the Great River Rummage, a huge yard sale along the Flint River. Treasures of every description will be offered by vendors, individuals, churches, schools and other organizations. Info on Participation(doc)

An outdoor boat and ATV show, arts and crafts exhibitors and local entertainment will highlight Saturday’s activities. All ages will enjoy a Colonial Frontier family exhibition, complete with demonstrations of soap making, basket weaving and more.

Benny West, a well known alligator trapper, will be back by popular demand to give educational talks and demonstrations about gators found in this area. He has been a Georgia licensed nuisance alligator trapper for over 15 years.

For the children, there will be even more activities this year, including pony rides, clowns and magicians, choo choo train rides, a giant slide and an obstacle course. Kids of all ages can also enjoy a rock climbing wall, a mechanical bull, sports arena jump, bungee run and a gladiator joust.

Anything with 'Gators has to be good!:yeah:

muddy_feet

Banned
Yeah, Benny is a great guy.

I'll be in town but I'll be working on Saturday for my mom.
Gotta do the florist delivery guy thing.......only mother's day present she wanted.