Am I permitted to do this ??

I have been kicking around the idea of a quick little turkey vacation over the Easter Holliday period....I will be bringing my wife and son, both of whom are veteran turkey hunters with me...Correct me if I am wrong, we need to buy the Big game license and can I buy the 7 day license or must we buy the season hunting license?? Also, is Sunday hunting permitted in Georgia ?? The WMA's if I buy the license, are they unlimited in numbers of hunters except for the ones that are lisited as quota hunts ?? One last question, do I need a WMA license to hunt in the National Forest of north Georgia ?? Thanks a lot, my family and I appreciate your time and effort in answering these questions. Frank Litavish

dominantpredator

Frank in the Laurel Mts said:
I have been kicking around the idea of a quick little turkey vacation over the Easter Holliday period....I will be bringing my wife and son, both of whom are veteran turkey hunters with me...Correct me if I am wrong, we need to buy the Big game license and can I buy the 7 day license or must we buy the season hunting license?? Also, is Sunday hunting permitted in Georgia ?? The WMA's if I buy the license, are they unlimited in numbers of hunters except for the ones that are lisited as quota hunts ?? One last question, do I need a WMA license to hunt in the National Forest of north Georgia ?? Thanks a lot, my family and I appreciate your time and effort in answering these questions. Frank Litavish
You may buy the seven day permit big game hunting license. You may hunt on Sunday as well. Probably will be open hunt unless it is by quota only. Can't really answer the last guestion. I have never hunted up that way. I bet that can make for some pretty scenery. If it is in the N. Ga. mountains, I bet it could be tough as well. Good Luck.

beginnersluck

One last question said:
NO, as long as you stay off WMA. Lots of NF borders WMA's. I often hunt NF for turkeys and sometimes deer in Stephens County, GA. Good luck!