anyone hunt redlands wma?

bradpatt03

i was explorin over off of 15 comin from oconnee county yesterday and stumbled on redlands checkpoint. it was a big field with a dirt road running thru the middle of it. rules and regs says its 37,500 acres but i couldn't figure out where to access it all from??????????

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
the check station is just 1 track of many. the ga gazeteer shows it ok. the bigger tracks are off of macedonia church rd.

bradpatt03

well is that field i was talkin about legal to hunt? i'm sure it would be packed but i haven't ever hunted a wma so i have no clue how it works. also, what part of macedonia church road???

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
as far as I know the feild would be legal to hunt unless stated otherwise. look out for cows though, sometimes farmers lease that pasture. going down macedonia church rd, the bigger tacks of land are on the left side. I used to like the oglethorpe county arm of the wma. I think the best way to scout that wma is to find small overlooked tracks of land. I can tell you where a few of those overlooked tracks are if your interested. let me know.

ugabowhunter

bradpatt03,
i know what field you're talking about. unless you hunt mid-week, that area is packed with people. great land, but overhunted. like the previous threads...get a good map and find the smaller tracts. IMO, those are your best bets.

E

Etter1

Find the small tracts. The big one off macedonia church road is really great for turkey but hunted REALLY hard. I think redlands is pretty much shot-out. I wouldn't expect too much from any of the big pieces.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Etter is on it!

Find the little broken pieces of land surrounded by farmland.

Jody Hawk

Stay away from Redlands, there ain't no turkeys down there. Seriously, I do all of my hunting around the Apalachee River. It gets crowded on the weekends though.

Walkie Takie

close to redlands

I hunted with the green hunter in oconee co at the river on 441 hwy , we often wondered who and what was across the river , great looking land , we did'nt know how to get to it on the other side , must be off of hwy 81 close to the town Boswick ???? had a uncle
who hunted over that way for about 20 years , he passed away a few years ago , never really new where he hunted . must have been great land for him to lease it for 20 years
or more , he lived in morgan co also . w/t :flag:

Jody Hawk

Don't know of any Britts in my club. My club is only a short distance from Redlands. In fact, I can here them shooting at the firing range.

TheShadow

I know Britts!

I know some Britts, most of them live across a body of water. They're fancy folks calling der' place Great and all. :rofl: 5...4...3...2.. oh well maybe somebody got it.............drum roll please.

The Shadow

Craig Knight

Redlands

Pretty goog place to hunt , some good land. But hunted way too heavily in most areas that are not too hard to get to. Have seen some turkeys and a bunch of deer there,but seen alot of walking hunters also.The deeper in you go the better off you'll be.

short stop

I live on 1 side of redlands and work on the other side in GREENSBORO --I drive right through it every day --- I see lots o birds ---THEY ARE THERE ---Hunt like all us local yocals --stay at home opening weekend --- go during the week and totem out over your shoulder while every body else is at work !!! ss

bradpatt03

i found a tract off of macedonia rd on the right and i think i found one on the left...not sure about the one on the left...the one on the right looks sort of like a camping area..anyone know what i'm talkin about?

E

Etter1

Stay off the one on the left.................it's uh...................closed :rolleyes: