• Barn Owl

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Crow

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Or sit and hope for the best

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Timbo

What call do you think Shocks a Gobbler into giving up his tree?

Randy

I prefer to sit and wait on a gobble. If not an Owl hoot will work.

deerhunter401

i personaly like the goose call or the pilated woodpecker

dutchman

Whata D2D said. But I wait till I hear a cardinal before I hoot.

duckbill

On these Osceolas down here in Central Florida, I use a barred Owl or crow. In Georgia, I have yet to need a locator call. They're usually "hammering"on their own.

dutchman

Dawn2Dusk said:
That's funny, b/c I wait until the Whipperwills hush!

Well, you know that you won't be able to hear a cardinal before the whipperwills are through for the day.

Carp

Barred owl, with mouth or call. Try to get the real owls talking. I use a crow call to try to get another reading sometimes when trying to pin point one if he clams up.

Outdoor-Writer07

Crow or Owl....

I like to do the Owl with my natural voice and I also have luck with a crow call. I would rather the turkeys sound off their self though. I always wait until the first crow hollars before I try to locate. :fine:

killNgrill

I have slammed my truck door and had them gobble. I wonder if you cracked a big stick against a tree if it would get one to sound off?

deersled

worth a try. better wear your safety glasses and watch for shrapnel. Might need a hard hat to keep the falling 'coons and opposums out of your hair. I've hunted down at West Pt. Wma and have had birds sound off when someone was shooting at the range.

Timbo

Yea killbill I have had that happen to.Nothing like it :p

Arrow3

I try and let him gobble on his own...If not, I owl hoot and crow call with my natural voice...Ive had more luck with owl hooting then anything to get him to shock gobble.

Timbo

Im going to try this year to do more locating. :D

seminoleslayer

Let Them Do Their Own Thing.if One Gobbles I Ease Along And Usually Another Will Start Hammering.don't Move To Quick You Might Bust One Off A Limb.if I Don't Here Anything I Might Flydown Cackle Or Cutt Like A Fool If Ones Around They Can't Help But Fire Off.