Traditional archery range ....

SmokyMtnSmoke

Years ago, in his youth, my FIL was a great trad archer and has several trophys from his days at UGA. I've just picked up a bow in the last few years and it is a compund, but none the less while visiting on Fathers Day he was asking if I knew of any traditional archery ranges or shoots. His definition was a range set up with 8 targets set out to 80 yards with the shoot being scores like a round of golf (his description).

So are there any ranges or shoots that still use this format or has that changed?

Where can I find info on local, NW Ga, shoots?

TIA
Smoky

reylamb

80 yards? Heck, the trad folks around us complained that we had them shooting a 25 yard max, so we moved them to 20!!!!!!!!!

Al33

SMS, the only trad shoot I am aware of close to NW Georgia is the TBG Northern Zone shoot held in June of each year. This year was the second year and it is held in Ranger. If you google archery golf it will provide you with all kinds of links to this game. I am not aware of any in the S.E.. A few years back I mentioned archery golf here and although I cannot remember now which member it was, there was a fellow that was good friends with a golf course director and he was going to see if he could get pernission for us to use the course for archery golf. Nothing ever came of it but I would like to try it oneday. I really enjoy long range shooting and watching the arrow fly through the air.

80 yards? Heck, the trad folks around us complained that we had them shooting a 25 yard max, so we moved them to 20!!!!!!!!!

I only started shooting 3D courses early last year and I went to the Appling Bowhunters Festival this past Spring where both trad and compound shooters shot together. The trad guys had special stakes closer to the targets than the compound shootes and I understand the reasoning, but truly, I would just as soon shoot from the same stakes. I already know the compound guys are going to out shoot me so I have nothing to proove except to myself. I kind of felt like I was shooting from the ladies stakes.:eek: And NO, I didn't shoot a good score even from the closer stakes.:D

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Al did john hood close down his range? i never shot there but i heard it was nice.

john

FVR

Don't ya'll forget about North Ga Trad., first Sunday of every month shoot in Gainesville. Early morning driving not bad from Cartersville, takes about an hour to get there.

There is always a few longshots at NGT, some reach out to 50 plus yards on the old bull.