Turkey Seats

QuakerBoy

A few yrs back I saw a seat at wal mart. it was a small innertube with a cordura or heavy canvas cover around it.

I have not found one since. I have seen a vest with one attached. but not just the seat.

Anybody know where I could find one?

deerhunter401

i bought two last season and there were junk and broke.. this is what i have now.

Wedge Supreme Seat
Tired of slumping uncomfortably in the marsh? With its self-supporting design and dense polyurethane padding, this seat is the ultimate companion for day-long wetland waits. An adjustable web strap on each side keeps the seat upright and lets you customize it to your preferred posture. And, the wedge shape of the padding directs your weight backward, preventing that hunched-over pose that leads to a sore back at the end of the day. The outer-shell material is tough water-resistant poly/cotton duck, while the waterproof nylon bottom has a urethane coating to keep your backside completely dry. It folds compactly to expose a web carry strap for convenient over-the-shoulder toting.
Camo pattern: Mossy Oak® Break-Up™

Wedge Supreme Seat Item: XE-226143

Attachments

• weged seat.jpg
    weged seat.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

QuakerBoy

thanks for the reply...but your link didn't have an item on the page

can you try again?

dutchman

rpaul,

I have one of the seats you're talking about. It was marketed by Fieldline. I haven't seen them for a couple of years now either.

I knew I shoulda bought two of 'em! :banginghe

blindhog

I think you could make one for a lot less $. I did a search and nowhere that list them for sale had any in stock, at least 2 weeks ago that is.

Gadget

I think they may have quit making them, they did have a habit of popping.

bossgobbler

I have made mine before. Use a 13" tire tube and get your wife or someone to sew a camo bag with a strap on it for it to fit in. Only inflate about 1/3 to 1/2 and you can't go wrong.

QuakerBoy

ok

now does anybody know of a place online that sells them? :bounce:

QuakerBoy

Gadget..thanks

frankwright

I was looking for one also. I was told they were made by fieldline but were hard to find. I also was told they popped easily and the cover was noisey. Several folks said to buy a wheel barrow inner tube and make your own.

I am considering it but have not done anything about it yet. I don't know what type of material would be quiet and water resistant and still readily available. I might have to go to walmart or a fabric store and look around.

Ga-Spur

There is a little stool that is higher on the front than it is the in the rear. The one I like you can unfold the front two at the same time and the rear two at the same time . the connecting bars keep it from sinking into the ground . They are more comfortable than most things to sit on. I saw that tube seat in Wal-Marts somewhere . I will be on the lookout for it for you.

QuakerBoy

I've seen the folding seats also...they were interesting also.

I have not seen a tube seat in years. Of course Now that I want one I can't find one :eek:

frankwright

If you don't mind carrying a little more, the absolute most comfortable seat I have ever used is a folding travel seat from www.campmor.com. It is item #40687. I will post a link but if it does not work, you can go to the website and search by the item number.

I bought a green one, it had a black frame and I camo'd it but it was not necessary as your body hides it while sitting.
The problem with most vests with a built in seat or any type of cushion is that you are still sitting flat on the ground. This will kill your legs,butt and back after a long sit. The campmor seat not only raises you up but gives you a back support. You don't even need a big tree to back up to if none are available, you can just sit back in the weeds or bushs.
It cost about $11.00 by the way.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=40687&memberId=12500226

Al33

Apparently i have lost my turkey hunting seat and need to replace it. I had one of the steel framed 4 legged ones with the webbing. I found the webbing to be uncomfortable after a short sit. I added a foam cussion and loved it.

Frank, unlike the seat you posted a link to, the legs on mine did not have the cross member. I understand how the cross bar at the foot keeps it from sinking into the ground, but I suspect the one in the rear would give you havoc at the base of a tree where the head of the roots are above ground. I have found that the straight legs can actually be advantagious at times for leveling the seat. If I am a little cantered, I can often just put some extra weight or exertion where needed and lower a corner for leveling. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but sometimes is better than no times. :D

Al

Al33

Jim,

Does the back legs bar give you trouble when up against large trees with above fground roots? The chair certainly looks comfy, but was wondering about this element of it.

Thanks,

Al