Need source of Savage parts

Doyle

I need to find a new forearm for a Savage 24B-DL.
Unfortunately, Numrich doesn't seem to carry this particular (and unique) part. Can someone please offer suggestiions as to where to look? Thanks.

GAR

Stock and forend can be purchased from the below listed website. You can get both for under a $100 in the plain version or can upgrade the wood for a higher price.

WWW.boydsgunstocks.com

GAR

Doyle

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately every place cited so far has forearms for the normal model 24 but I'm not seeing any for the 24B-DL. The regular 24 series uses a forearm screw. The 24B-DL uses the same type of pivot pin latch hardware that many over/under shotguns use.

weagle

I think a regular model 94 shotgun forend will work as long as it has the spring latch. Ebay is the place to shop.

Weagle

wildcatt

savage

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately every place cited so far has forearms for the normal model 24 but I'm not seeing any for the 24B-DL. The regular 24 series uses a forearm screw. The 24B-DL uses the same type of pivot pin latch hardware that many over/under shotguns use.

try
[small arms shop]tel 352-637-4770
I called savage about a gun and they gave this no.they repair savage older guns.:cry: :shoot:

Make one.

If you have the hardware off the old foreend and are any good at all with tools, you should be able to make one. I made one for my Stevens 94B after the original carbellite (I think that's what it's called) foreend was melted in a fire. I used a piece of oak, cut a rough shape on table saw, used a dremel tool to shape the barrel channel, used a drill and chisel to cut the inset for the hardware, then whittled the overall shape with a knife and cleaned it up with my dremel tool. I'm no gunsmith, but it wasn't that difficult at all. I have a Savage 24C. If I get a chance, I will check to see if the 94B foreend I made fits the 24C and get back to you. The 94B is at my dad's house and the 24C is here or I'd check it right now. Then, you'd at least know whether to try to buy one on ebay.