Savanah River!!

phinizyhunt

Where do you guys hunt on the Savanah River. I live in Augusta and I have seen the River Rapids Pavilion Area and the Stevens Creek Area. Looks like great Duck area, but has anyone ever hunted there???

jay sullivent

you have to go between the clarks hill dam and stevens creek power dam. beautiful area. better mind your p's and q's, the pollards make sure jonny law keeps folks in line around there!

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
If shots are any indication?

They smoked em around Jackson's Boat Landing. I sat in the Deer Stand and had a ring side seat.

phinizyhunt

Woody.... What kind of Ducks land in Stevens Creek...Mostly Woodies probably right...Any Mallards? Also, how far is Jackson's Boat landing from the Steven's Creek Dam??? Thanks, Phinizy.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
I'm not all that familiar with your area but -- Jackson's Landing would be downriver from where you're talking about. It's on the Carolina side of the Savannah. -- Our Hunting Club is on the Ga. side. -- Do you know where the Spanish Cut is?

Seemed to be mostly Woodies (early) in the morning with Mallards later.

river swamp rat

There will be a little of everything around Stevens Creek and the lower river. I think you will see more woodies around Jackson boat ramp. Stevens creek is in the Martinez area and Jackson boat ramp is near the Burke county line. You can not get from one to the other one by boat b/c of all the rock at the I-20 bridge then the Lock In Dam.