Robertson Vision Falcon I Recurve

WildmanSC

We got back from Amish country in Lancaster County PA Thursday evening. I went to the Archery Shop yesterday and picked up my new (for me) Robertson Vision Falcon I Recurve that I bought from Pops.

I shot the bow with two different sets of arrows. The first was a set of 50-55# spine Western Larch. The bow would not group with those arrows. I then switched to a set of 50-55# spine cedar arrows. The bow grouped very well with the cedar arrows. They weigh in the 519-529 gr range.

The bow is very smooth, very quiet and very fast. When I do my part, the bow groups very tight, too, with the cedar arrows.

My right shoulder gets a bit tired and sore after shooting a couple dozen arrows or so. I sit down and talk for awhile and then can shoot another couple dozen or so.

The bow is definitely a keeper!

Bill

WildmanSC

Robertson is Sold!

I sold the Robertson today and just have to wait on payment. It is too heavy at 52# for my shoulders, elbows and string fingers. I placed an order yesterday for a Cook's Mountain (Roy Coursey bowyer) MultiCam T/D recurve that I should receive the end of August. It will be 48#@28". The riser will be East Indian Rosewood and the limbs will be Zebrawood.

The MultiCam limbs have a "crinkle" in them. Below is a pic showing a silhouette of the MultiCam recurve originally designed and built by Bill Stewart. Mr. Stewart, who died a bit over 2 years ago, taught Roy Coursey to build bows. He is building and selling the MultiCam bows as a memorial to his mentor.

stewart.jpg

Bill

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
man you gotta love those multi-cam bows. there is a bowyer in LA. that is building a bow that looks alot like the multi-cam

john