Do any of you wear blaze orange?

sr.corndog

Do any of you wear blaze orange during archery season. I know the rule wonder what your judgement was while entering and leaving the woods as well a stalking? :rolleyes:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I have never wore orange during bow season, though I hunt on leased land and we have a pin in map board and I know where everyone is suppose to be also.

I dont wear orange during archery only season
I hunt on privately owned land which there is no need to worry about other hunters other than my self.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
No, If I was hunting WMA's I probably would going and coming from the stand. I ahve found also that an orange hat along with the vest provides the best visibility for other to see.

Mrbowdeadly

Nope, don't need it on my private lease. On WMA's I have a strobe off the top of a schoolbus on my head and a flo orange jumpsuit. I also beat a tambourine as I walk to and from my stand.

MBD

Randy

I don't wear it during archery season and I would not wear it during gun season if it were not the law! Every story I read about somebody being shot they had some on and it did not appear to help. There is NO excuse for shooting somebody unless it is self defense. I can assure you if I am walking through the woods and somebody shoots at me, I will return fire in self defense! This issue just burns me up!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ga-Spur

Randy you got that right ; they better make a good shot or I will be shooting back. Someone said they felt safe hunting on private land . Well it is not any safer . People " slippin" will kill you. Even the game wardens know it . There are people they know are breaking every law on the book and the game wardens will not act.

hogman2

Private land or not you best wear the orange during gun season if you don't want to got to jail, also a hat alone does not meet the minimum square inch requirement. Do you guys that don't wear orange also hunt at night, over bait, and from vehicles???

Glen

I don't wear it during bow season because I'm fortunate enough to be one of 7 bowhunters on 750 acres. I only have 2 places where I set up anywhere near a property line. I'm still about 100yds away. Not totally safe but are we ever? Gun season, I wear it all the time. I would still wear it if it weren't the law. Too many people movement shoot around here. If I can make my presence known then just maybe I can stay healthy. The other problem--IMO-- is that too many people never look beyond their target. Just my ramblings.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
:rolleyes: Hogman2. Yes, we wear the minimum requirement. The question was regarding to Bow season, which orange is not a requirement.

H

HT2

I'm With Randy!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wear it during Bow season and I "ONLY" wear it while walkin' to my stand during the firearms season.....

I DO NOT WEAR IT WHILE IN THE TREE!!!!!!!!!!!

deerking

I only wear my orange with a bow during the muzzleloader week.......It was during a ML week that I shot my first stalkhunt deer with a bow........As I was trying to get within range of the deer, he decided that he'd fed long enough and turned right toward me. I shot him from nine (9) feet with orange vest on.

Kdog

HT2 said:
I don't wear it during Bow season and I "ONLY" wear it while walkin' to my stand during the firearms season.....

I DO NOT WEAR IT WHILE IN THE TREE!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM, you are kidding yourself. Think of your kids if nothing else. I used to take mine off when I was younger, but I know now that the orange does not make a difference. Wear it and you will see that the deer will not see you. Heck, how long has it been sice you shot a buck? Did the big ones see your orange vest in your pocket?

Not trying to insult you Tim, I hope you know that, but you have to think of what could happen and try to prevent it.

Kdog

Michael Lee

Wear mine during ML season and gun season, not during archery though.

Be safe y'all, you never know who is wher all of the time!

ML

mpowell

mrbowdeadly--you should change your name to mrbowjangles if you're going to beat your tamborine and wear that outfit!

Mrbowdeadly

:p I knew a man bojangles and he danced for you, so no one would shoot his shoes!!!!!

I got a good question. How come we have distinctive camo patterns to break up our outline and one big orange blob of a vest to put over it? How come nobody has made a blaze orange vest in a pattern, maybe a simple one, like predator camo? I know you can buy the whole outfit in camo blaze orange, but not a vest.

Whats up wit dat?
MBD

Handgunner

Since I don't bowhunt, I don't wear any orange during bowseason.

During firearms, it's on before I leave the house and only taken off when I return to the house. I don't care if I have a 2 mile 4wheeler ride to wear I'm going, I go ahead and put it on...

By law, you are supposed to wear it 100% of the time while in the woods.

gadeerwoman

Actually they do make blaze camo vests. I bought 3 at the Buckarama this year as my old one had gotten ratty. Cabela used to carry them but they are harder to find now. I found a site a couple days ago with blaze camo fabric so you can make your own. http://www.rockywoods.com/
check out their superflange orange camo !!! Easy to make a vest or shirt of this stuff and you couldn't ask for a better camo pattern. Per all the DNR folks I've asked, camo orange is legal in GA.