Another gobbler falls for the Scott's Cutter !!!!!!!

Jody Hawk

I rode down to Perry yesterday and ran into Jeff Phillips, Jessie and Randy and his wife. Randy caught up with me at Jack Scott's booth and I told Jack to do a fly down cackle for him. You ain't heard a fly down until you hear one on Jack's boxes. Anyhow, Jack gave a fly down and some of the prettiest clucks and yelps that you've ever heard. After a few minutes Randy, the turkey hunter that doesn't tote box calls, was the proud owner of one too !!!!!!!! :D

Nitro

Banned
Excellent choice for your first custom box call Randy!!

I hope that you kill a bunch of Longbeards with it.

I have a favorite Scott's Cutter, mine is poplar with a walnut lid and it will really sing.

MISSING RIDGE

Gone But Not Forgotten
Randy,
That Scott's cutter will locate them pesky gobblin critters for you-mine is cedar sides,walnut strip and birch paddle.
It will sing!!

Jeff Phillips

Jody - He had just told us out front that he couldn't see any reason to carry a box when he could make every turkey call with a slate or mouth call ::ke: :D ;)

Those are some pretty calls!

Gadget

Jeff Phillips said:
Jody - He had just told us out front that he couldn't see any reason to carry a box when he could make every turkey call with a slate or mouth call ::ke: :D ;)
LOL.........yep that sounds like Randy.

Must be one good sounding box!

Be sure to bring that box when we go Tenn this weekend, I gotta try er out...........

Last edited:

Randy

Gadget,
If I bring it you will have to have one. He says he'll be up there this weekend. Yea, I hate to carry a box call but Jack does make the best. If nothing else it will make a good collectors item one day!

gobblinglawyer

Randy,
Good job on buying a top notch caller.

If you really want to know where the best sounding Scott's Cutter is just ask Jack about his personal catalpa box that I talked him out of a few years back.

Randy

GL,
Figures you'd have the best! See you this weekend in Nashville.

Gaswamp

I got one with catalpa and chinaberry. great sounding call.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Randy said:
GL,
Figures you'd have the best!

GL,

I am with Randy on this one! You are about 3481 up on me! I look forward to seeing your collection if we are able to chase one this spring! :shoot:

Gage

Gadget

gobblinglawyer said:
I'm not the one with 55. However, I am in the 30-35 range.

Dang,

It must be hard trying to firgure out which one to hunt with!!

Last edited:

Gaswamp

PSE, $100.

GL, no worries I'll be happy and content when I have about 12 or 15 of them.