Deer Contest Team/Prize/Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
For the '07-'08 Archery Deer Contest the team selection will be as follows:

Team selection will be by random drawing.
Simply reply to this post indicating your desire to participate.
Teams will be drawn on Aug. 16, 2007 and assigned a number ( 1- ????) That will give the teams time to communicate before the season starts.
If you want to come up with a team name, that's fine, just let me know so I can correlate the number assigned to the team name.
Teams will be 3 person teams. I do not plan on participating to avoid any conflict of interest. However, if another entry is needed to make 3 man teams, I will enter.
It is my hope that if a team member is not as experienced as the others, that they will share information, tactics, etc. to try and help that member become a better bowhunter and not belittle them.

Please refrain from posting anything other than sign up posts on this thread. If you have questions, start a question thread and they will be answered.

Prizes that have been generously donated for each memeber of the winning teams to date:

Plaques for the members of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams and Big Buck Winner- PackRat

$50.00 gift certificate to Bass Pro - Jim Thompson

2 disc DVD Set Backwoods Bucks and Beards #1 - Michael Lee

Hand knapped obsidian spear points suitable for framing - Nicodemus

There will also be an individual big buck category. If there are some close entries a B&C/P&Y score sheet will be called for.
Prizes for the big buck category is:

1/2 day guided flyfishing trip for 2 in N. Georgia on private waters - Bowbuck
Moultrie Game Spy 4.0 Digital Trail Camera donated by Todd E
Winner will get choice of prize, 2nd place will get the other prize

Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Let's have some fun,

Rick

Attachments

• IMAG0003.JPG
    IMAG0003.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

cpowel10

I'm in! I'd rather have it where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd all get something. That way more folks get something instead of one team getting a lot of stuff.

kevincox

Im in. Woody donated a free mount last year to the winning team. Will he do that again this year?

garndawg

Sign me up...

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am in. Make it winner take all. Makes it much more intresting. Comes down to the wire. I have bow hunted for years. Just not as well with it as others. You could say I have some experience. Not skilled and not no skills at all. Less than average. Tim

Wetzel

I also want to play.

I like the idea of first, second, and third all getting a prize of some sort. Spread it out a little rather than letting one group have it all.

Arrow3

Im in there like swimwear!! :fine: :fine:

Status
Not open for further replies.