Not a Tommy, but maybe the next best thing

Gadget

Most of us don't have a 500.00 mounted Tom in full strut(named Tommy) to use as a decoy like the Primos boys, but this may be the next best thing by Montana Decoys. Tommy worked wonders on their hunts.
www.montanadecoy.com

Last edited:

Gadget

No Matt I don't:(

Butttt I could borrow Dennis' !

What did he name his, I forgot. We hunted with it last year while filming for the show but didn't get good action.

Last edited:

Junebug

I'd make darn sure I was sitting NOWHERE near that thing, behind a big tree or wearing Kevlar or something! That thing would fool anybody!

I can hear the BOOOM and shot ripping through the woods now...

hambone44

Aren't those decoys two-dimensional? If the big boy comes in from either side of that decoy, instead of straight on or from behind, he should feel confident he can whup an Ethiopian adversary, that is, if he can even see it from a side approach??

:rofl: :cool: :bounce:

gobblinglawyer

Gadget,
You need to stop by the Hazel Creek Taxidermy booth at the NWTF Convention this weekend. He has a new real mounted hen decoy out that I hear is TOP notch. I'm going to take a hard look at it myself, though it's a stem winder on the wallet.

futuredoc

Had a friend that

Guy I know had a hen decoy at the perry turkeyrama. The thing was programmed to move the neck around robotically. It would go from a feeding position to a full alert. The head left something to be desired, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a trip to the taxidermist and probably $15. Thing was $289 though. . . ouch.

fd