Trigger on youth marlin.

Bgarner1983

Hey guys i need to know if any of you can tell me what to do to loosen the trigger pull on my boys 22. It is a Marlin Model 15y . It was my first gun and i have passed it to him but the trigger is too stiff. I don't know what is wrong with it. I have taken it apart and don't see any thing wrong. It is even stiff for me to pull. Any ideas?
Thanks

ATLRoach

Hey guys i need to know if any of you can tell me what to do to loosen the trigger pull on my boys 22. It is a Marlin Model 15y . It was my first gun and i have passed it to him but the trigger is too stiff. I don't know what is wrong with it. I have taken it apart and don't see any thing wrong. It is even stiff for me to pull. Any ideas?
Thanks

Show a pic of the trigger and I can tell you if it's like the Pre 2004 or T-900

ATLRoach

I really can't tell from the pics but it looks like a Pre 04 trigger style and you can replace the trigger spring w a lighter weight one and shim the sear spring.

Bgarner1983

ok is there a place to order that stuff or would it be better to take it to a gunsmith. I know a guy right up the road from me that could do it

tuffenough

Mid South Shooters Supply

You can go on-line they carry triggers and parts for Marlins not sure if you want to invest much but they offer a Rifle Basix adjustable trigger that is very nice and do it yourself installation. I put one in my Marlin and love it cost $65.00. phone # 800-272-3000 or www.midsouthshooters.com