Hog Processors Near 20 in Morgan,Walton,Newton

Kdog

Anyone know of a licensed hog processor near 20. Primarily looking in the areas between Rutledge and Covington. Or if you know of one near Loganville, let me know.

Capes will take hogs, however, no one will be there to take them on Sunday. You will have to put your hog (gutted) into the cooler out front with your information, and turn the cooler on. I was told that the price would be between $55 & $120 depending on size. You can contact Capes at (770) 786-6540 if you have any questions.

Kdog

Meriwether Mike

I am interested in this same info Kdog. I hope to have one to drop off myself.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I believe these folks listed below may do hogs, though I have no idea as to their rates or hours. If you find out, please let us all know. Their located just off of Hwy-78 and Hwy-11.

Btw, I think a preacher runs it so their probably not open on Sunday either, though they may have a number that you can call to arrange a drop off.

Thanks!

Gp Monroe Provision Inc.
415 Mayfield Drive
Monroe, GA
770-207-4781

matthewsman

Word to the wise

I tooka bow killed B.F.Grant pig(in my avatar)to Capes....Bow kill,no bloodshot meat...I received a dissapointingly small package back,(this ain't my first rodeo,I know they don't come back the same size ;) really small...I questioned them,and they rplyed that's how it was.I got home to count one side of ribs,one ham and one shoulder.......Nobodies ever accused me of being bright...I got in a tight and took them two a friend and I had killed...I called about picking them up after no call after a couple weeks......They told me give'm another week.....I called back,and was told "those hogs was rank,I had to throw them away"Be careful,donnie

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I finally got through to the place in Monroe that I posted earlier about and found out that they don't handle wild hogs.

Sorry!

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
there was a place on almand rd called newton county provisions. they did a hog for a friend of mine, I don't have the phone# on me right now. Ill see if I can find it. its north of I20 about 1 mile on the left.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Phil, I had forgot about that place. It's not far off of I-20 at all.

Newton County Provisions Corp.
449 Almon Rd.
Covington, GA
770-787-1578

The only problem is I tried to call them and their number is temp. disconnected... :bounce: They may just be late paying their phone bill or the storm last night knocked them off line one.

Last edited:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Im not a 100% sure that they are still open, and I dont know what quallity work they do either! Ive been processing my own for years. I some of you decide to process you own I can share a great sausage recipe! link and breakfast sausage.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
They may not be, though the recording did say temporarily disconnected. I know they use to a pretty good job on deer from what I was told by a friend, though I didn't know they processed wild hogs.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
PHIL M said:
there was a place on almand rd called newton county provisions. they did a hog for a friend of mine, I don't have the phone# on me right now. Ill see if I can find it. its north of I20 about 1 mile on the left.

Phil/Milton, if I'm not mistaken thats Larry Capes, there are/were two Capes in Newton, Sam and Larry, Sam died a few years ago and his place on Oak Hill is run by others now but still called Capes.
I didn't know if he did feral hogs as I've always used the one closest to me, it should be worth checking on though, I've heard he does good deer processing:)

leo
leo

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
the place Im talking about was run by a guy named mastaffa, or something like that! I dont think he's from around here!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
It has been a while then,

Larry Capes owned one North of I 20, on Almon road behind a house, for many years:) I guess I need to get out more;)

leo

matthewsman

Hey phil

I think they are russian or croation,something like that.........Deer seaon only though from what I understand.....