Bow String

Robert Warnock

I just bought a Pearson Cougar. It is 62 inches long and draws 45# at 28 inches. I need a string for it. I think I have read where someone on here makes or sells strings. Also, I need to know what size arrows to start with. I would like to start with aluminum. Thanks for your help.

scambooger

string

hey robert, check with choctawlb. he can fix you right up with a string. as for the aluminum arrows i like a 2117 with at least 4" fletches, just my personal preferance.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
For aluminums, I think I'd try some 2016 or 1916.
Try the 2016's full length first, then start cutting down to your draw length, a little at a time with 1 or 2 shafts till you get the performance that you want. Then you can go ahead and do the rest of the shafts the same length. The 2016's might be a bit on the heavy side at a 28" draw, (meaning a 29 to 29 1/2" length arrow). The 1916's I feel would be pretty close to what you actually need, of course this is just my opinion and a little experince throwed in there ;) Keep in mind also the weight of broadhead or field point you will be using too, the heavier the point the more it weakens the spine of the shaft, same with length of shaft too, a 32" shaft on a 2016 will be a weaker spine then a 2016 at 28" long. Did I confuse you yet ? LOL!!!
Jerald